Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why doesn't the traditional screen shot system work for DVDs?

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why don't the traditional screen shot system work for DVDs?

I have no idea were your getting the Ctrl + I from...never used it...*Tests*... Okaaaaaaay...anyways don't work...but....I hated trying to take screen shots of Windows Media Player...If that's what you use to play DVD's...sooo ya...I googled it and found a way awhile ago...It also has tutorials for WinAmp and RealPlayer and others...
    *From wikipedia.org*
    Screenshots of games and media players sometimes fail, resulting in a blank rectangle. The reason for this is that the graphics are bypassing the normal screen and going to a high-speed graphics processor on the graphics card called the hardware overlay. Generally, there's no way to extract a computed image back out of the graphics card, though software may exist for special cases or specific video cards.
    The trick to capturing those images is to turn off the hardware overlay. Because many computers have no hardware overlay, most programs are built to work without it, just a little slower.

It then gave me a link to www.pixelmetrics.com with a awesome tutorial as to how to make the modern Print Screen method work on those annoying programs that bypass it. Oh...and don't forget to turn back on the Graphic Accelleration or your computer will go slow...mine didn't but just warning you in case...

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why don't the traditional screen shot system work for DVDs?

It can be done. Display the player's configuration and disable hardware acceleration. Try it then. The playback may get choppy, so after capturing with PrintScreen+Mspaint, re-enable the acceleration.
    If it still shows a black region, disable the acceleration of your VGA. Go into the advanced properties of where you set your display resolution and on the Problem solving tab (not sure of the exact English phrase), drag the slider leftmost. Click OK on every window and reboot. Now try to capture it, it should work 99 percent. Don't forget to restore your original setting after the capturing!

Newbie xindy_titan may be famous one day xindy_titan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    well, i think the print scr do not work under some circumstances...for instance, the stream media, you can not capture it by using the print scr button..

i think you can try some professional screen- capture softwares such as
    ACA capture PRO or snagIT... i prefer ACA capture PRo
    it is a multi-function screen capture program an can capture both images and
    videos.

details about features of ACA capture PRo

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    # Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 2 weeks or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2