+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows Default Sounds missing.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows Default Sounds missing.

My sister's pc has a little problem where the sounds like these are missing;
    The ding from a usb connecting on and off
    The little click-sound when you go through your folders.
    Start-up/Logoff/Shutdown songs arent playing.
    Recycling bin sound not playing.

The sound scheme is set to the windows default and when i look for them the sound files are there in the system, but nothing will play out.
    In the sound scheme where you preview the sounds, they're there but when i click on the play button nothing plays.

the sound works fine., like listening to music/vids/voice, only the system sounds aren't working properly. The one working is the ding you get when you adjust the sound bar.

I've tried updating my sound driver device, but it won't update for some reason.
    In the sound scheme there are a lot of Program Events missing. I'm starting to wonder if it is the driver.

and yes i'm sure my speakers/headset works and all the obvious troubleshooting..
    I've went to microsoft of the problem, but they werent ANY help at all.I also got recommended some regedit tweaks that restore default sounds but im not so trusting toward it.

It's not a performance or system threating problem, it's just one of those things you back.
    happy solving.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Windows Default Sounds missing.

Here's one: does your speaker icon show up on the tray??

Two: On the sounds menu, next to the names is there a speaker icon next to the name?? If not that means a sound has not been assigned to the task (like windows start).

That's all I can think of as of now

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

one: yes its on the tray, like i said, when i adjust it the ding goes off like normal

two:No there arent, and when i try to assign one from the list(which shows all the sounds that are "there") they don't play, the play button just goes off for a split second.

I've manually located the sound files, so they are there but somehow not....
    but like i mentioned the lack of program events(the event where you can assign sounds) worry me.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

nope, tried my best to follow it, but it did zip-all

edit:
    actually it did, don't know what really went wrong with it, but it's working again.
    thanks a ton Legend., now we'll see if it permanently solves the problem

actually, i think the main problem now is that there arent many Events to assign the sounds.
    like ; windows start-up isnt there, the sound for it is though. that and among others.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    nope, tried my best to follow it, but it did zip-all

edit:
    actually it did, don't know what really went wrong with it, but it's working again.
    thanks a ton Legend., now we'll see if it permanently solves the problem
    No biggie, I just get your firstborn.

Thanks

heh because of my screwing around, i royally flushed my laptop's registry files(don't ask why i was in there....i was just cruising the hood) but i accidentally replaced some of them with another accounts and everything went to hell.

so, to fix my problem, i'm getting my xp reinstalled
    losing all my data.....all my programs etc(just saving some music.photos all the bare essential stuff.)., i don't care though. after 3yrs, i need this.

so i might be off for a little while until i get my system back and getting it feeln' like home again., so adios for now. ^_^

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Dowload Tune Up Utilities 2009, it comes with a tool that fixes any errors in your OS.

+ Reply to Thread