Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Related Question

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows Vista Related Question

Well i guess we all heard windows vista comes out in Jan 07. My qustion is if I buy a PC in the near future and hate vista, can i buy Xp and install that over vista. Or does that have to be done when you order one from say dell. Im just worried about my old programs and updates being compatiable. Also i just might not like how it operates.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Windows Vista Related Question

You can do that yea, but Vista is the exact same basically just a bit better looking.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    You can do that yea, but Vista is the exact same basically just a bit better looking.
    So you think all my programs(& the upgrades for them) will work like photoshop or office? If that the case then vista may not be too bad.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm, I was a beta tester for Windows Vista. Vista is VERY different from Windows XP, the security systems are more advanced and resemble Unix security permissions. While on the outside, it may just look better, under the hood it is VERY different.

And no, you won't be able to install over Vista, you'd have to do a compleate Wipe and re-install. It would be like trying to install over XP with Windows98, Windows will disable the installer because its an older version of windows.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

When I used Vista it was the same, and the tech said you could just reinstall XP easy so... lol, I saw the Vista site it looks way better than XP to tell you the truth I might get Vista soon >_>...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Miroku, you could always change what you have in your computer. Get a new HD, new Memory, new Video card and so on. Don't need a new computer.

Plus, I'm sure if you build a new computer from scratch, you could request Windows XP to be put on.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

heres the problem DO not buy vista when it comes out wait for BETA trust me on this one the first version of vista will be horrbile i have checked this out and talked to multiple windows programmers on this and they all advised me not to buy it until the SECOND version is out so guys ....plz w8
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Miroku, you could always change what you have in your computer. Get a new HD, new Memory, new Video card and so on. Don't need a new computer.

Plus, I'm sure if you build a new computer from scratch, you could request Windows XP to be put on.
    I'll probably get a dell next time. I guess i can build one form scratch and ask for XP.

What about the compatability aceman67?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast