Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista Related Question

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Windows Vista Related Question

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I'll probably get a dell next time. I guess i can build one form scratch and ask for XP.
    If you decide to build one from scratch, then look into this place: CyberPower, Inc - building the best Gaming PC is not only our profession, it is our obsession.

They're pretty damn cheap. I got my computer from them. I got an AMD Athlon 3500 processor, 200 GB HD, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6400 GT vid card, a pretty good ASUS motherboard, and other goodies like the cool computer cases and neon lights they offer. Anyway, it was all rounded up to like 1,200 - 1,400. I can't remember the exact price, but I can assure you if I had bought that in a store, it would have been around 1,800 and more. Well, not today anyway, but 2-3 years ago? Definitely.

Also, I can imagine that most of the programs you run now on XP will work in Vista. Why wouldn't they?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Only a few programs wont run in Vista (Nero 6 is one of them). For the most part you will only need to update your drivers. You cannot make a direct downgrade from Vista to XP, you will need to whipe out Your HD and then install XP.

Vista is way different internally from XP, not only looks better...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Right now I would have to agree that if you DON'T NEED VISTA, try to avoid getting it for at least 4 to 6 months. For Gamers, it's going to take about a year for graphics drivers to be optimized for DX10, and in addition to applications being updated for Vista support, your also talking about your anti-virus/firewalls/system utilities being updated as well..

(and silverskater, do they have working SLI/Crossfire drivers for Vista yet, as the last I heard...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Right now I would have to agree that if you DON'T NEED VISTA, try to avoid getting it for at least 4 to 6 months. For Gamers, it's going to take about a year for graphics drivers to be optimized for DX10, and in addition to applications being updated for Vista support, your also talking about your anti-virus/firewalls/system utilities being updated as well..

(and silverskater, do they have working SLI/Crossfire drivers for Vista yet, as the last I heard...)
    I've actually heard that Vista will be DirectX9 and DirectX10 compatible for several years after its release.

As for your question, I've heard from several people that the SLI/Crossfire drivers won't be working on Vista.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm running a few dozen network services on my computer and at least half of them is sure to not work under Vista, so no.
    Namely 32-bit Active DLLs in 64-bit .NET.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets say that I would recommend that you would get XP and not Vista
    if you buy/update your PC in next 9-15mouths. Why?
    Simple, because at the time most of programs have been designed for XP and
    work with that better with Vista. But that wasn't the biggest reason.
    When Vista comes to market it's system requirements compairing to XP
    are so massive that it could easily make new computer with Vista act like
    you would be running XP on 500MHz.

So I would recommend that you would hang on with XP year or two, if possible.
    And when they get programs/PC's and anything else working nicely in Vista
    then go for it.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Banned Knoppix may be famous one day Knoppix may be famous one day Knoppix's Avatar
    Thanks

Hows about this, instead of moaning about how you might not like vista and are worried that it wont work, go and get the beta. Its A free ISO that you can try out.. I have it and its really great. I wasnt able to run a few programs because It is still beta and it has some errors, which is why i'm on XP right now.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

my suggestions is that, i think you shouldn't buy it at dell, because it never gives you the best graphic card and it cost allot, i think you should buy your own graphic card and other programs you self because you will always know what programs you have , if you don't know how, ask someone to do it for you, because dell is always trying to *rob your money by saying the crappy stuff is good and the pc has softwares you never heard about, by the way windows vista is very different with xps, there is allot of new functions, looks much better, and top on that nvidia has a new graphic card called nvidia GeForce (is like watching HD tv but its much better), which is coming out, when vista is out. so my suggestion is get vista and other programs your self, instead of buying it from dell, you should trust me because i bought a computer there before at boxing day and right now my old pc is better.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast