+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows Xp Anime Theme

Newbie MosesDarkAngel is off to a good start MosesDarkAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows Xp Anime Theme

Well I found this vid and I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me find how to download the theme I truely want it badly on my computer but can't seem to find anything when I search for it so please if anyone knows anything please help me out it would mean a whole lot to me and thanks!:helpYouTube - Anime Windows XP
    Gothic Angel Of The Night

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Windows Xp Anime Theme

I would recommend contacting the person who added the video which is ... carrodeguas ... and find out where he got it....
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The video itself would be considered a "viral" video considering that it's pretty prevalent on the web and posted many times on Youtube. I tried every search string I could think of in Google and everything returned that video.

Which brings me to this conclusion: Its not a "theme" as the OP put it, but rather something someone did in a video editing suite. It was also most likely done by someone in Japan, which rules out the up loader of the video that was linked in this thread as the original post.
    Something like this would have no practical use on a computer, and the novelty would ware off very quickly and become annoying. It would also be an unnecessary drain on system resources

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

Proof for previous poster:
    Comments for Xp-tan.swf

Well not exactly, the links on comment #6 don't work anymore. Though what aceman said is probably true. Though I kinda laughed when he said it was a memory hog.

The character in the movie seems to be XP-Tan, who is an OS-Tan wich seems to be a female anime character that represents a particular OS.
    OS-tan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't see if this has actually been made, since I found a copy of this video from as far back as april '07.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember seeing this a while back; who wouldn't want an overly animated XPtan on their desktop?! But it wasn't an OS mod, just an application, and strictly for Japan. There were 4-5 phrases, but I don't think she "did" anything (i.e. search, help, etc). I also remember around 2002 someone had made anime characters that overlay the desktop, not animated, but offered tips and the like. I'm sure they, like XPtan, were memory hungry for their small benefit. There's always her swf you can loop up and down... I mean over and over.

+ Reply to Thread