+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WMA or MP3

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

WMA or MP3

What is best, WMA or MP3 and what is the difference between them.
    That's the question that's been bothering me from time to time for awhile now... I would just like to know what is best??

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: WMA or MP3

the difrence is mp3 only work on mp3s if u have WMA it has to be converted i think im sure of that

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

That's not true, mp3 altso work on computers and some dvd players... Then what about quality and size?? Is there a difference between that

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, the difference is one is Proprietary, and the other isn't.

WMA supports copyright protection, which in of itself is why you shouldn't use it.

MP3 supports more robust encoding, and is generally more efficient, that and all digital music players support it.

WMA also uses more memory to play because of its encoding.

Otaku Mitsu-O! is off to a good start Mitsu-O!'s Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes Mp3 songs are better. However the WMA files download much quicker than that of Mp3's but sometime the quality isn't that good. Whereas the Mp3 songs may take a bit longer downloading, it's all worth it in the end.
    More than bored; Sad. More than sad; Unhappy. More than unhappy; Ill. More than ill; Alone in the world. More than alone in the world; In Exile. More than in exile; Dead. More than dead;forgotten.......

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Well here's my question, which one you like better? that just got to me when I asked a teacher the same question lol.

Otaku sazza2488 may be famous one day sazza2488 may be famous one day
    Thanks

WMA is a file from a CD. Example a music CD.

Mp3 is a file that you download off the internet, which you use for the ipod/mp3 player.

Some ipods/mp3 don't support WMA which can be a pain >.>

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    the difrence is mp3 only work on mp3s if u have WMA it has to be converted i think im sure of that
    WMA's won't work on certain mp3 players like Creative Zen micro but it will work on the Ipod...

snd sazza you're incorrect mp3 songs can be from cd's.

WMA's are songs saved on the Windows Media Player...trust me. I tried to put some songs that were saved on it to my mp3 player and it wouldn't accept it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast