Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst Viruses of all times...

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Worst Viruses of all times...

I found this at Yahoo Tech news... Interesting read, some of those I didnt heard of...

The worst computer viruses of all time : Christopher Null : Yahoo! Tech

The worst viruses of all time

Brain, 1986
    It all started here: Brain was the first "real" virus ever discovered, back in 1986. Brain didn't really hurt your PC, but it launched the malware industry with a bang and gave bad ideas to over 100,000 virus creators for the next 2 decades.

Michelangelo, 1991
    The worst MS-DOS virus ever, Michelangelo attacked the boot sector of your hard drive and any floppy drive inserted into the computer, which caused the virus to spread rapidly. After spreading quietly for months, the virus "activated" on March 6, and promptly started destroying data on tens of thousands of computers.

Melissa, 1999
    Technically a worm, Melissa (named after a stripper) collapsed entire email systems by causing computers to send mountains of messages to each other. The author of the virus was eventually caught and sentenced to 20 months in prison.

ILOVEYOU, 2000
    This was notable for being one of the first viruses to trick users into opening a file, which in this case claimed to be a love letter sent to the recipient. In reality, the file was a VBS script that sent mountains of junk mail and deleted thousands of files. The results were terribly devastating- one estimate holds that 10 percent of all computers were affected, to a cost of $5.5 billion. It remains perhaps the worst worm of all time.

Code Red, 2001
    An early "blended threat" attack, Code Red targeted Web servers instead of user machines, defacing websites and later launching denial-of-service attacks on a host of IP addresses, including those of the White House.

Nimda, 2001
    Built on Code Red's attack system of finding multiple avenues into machines (email, websites, network connections, and others), Nimda infected both Web servers and user machines. It found paths into computers so effectively that, 22 minutes after it was released, it became the Internet's most widespread virus at the time.

Klez, 2001
    An email virus, Klez pioneered spoofing the "From" field in email messages it sent, making it impossible to tell if Bill Gates did or did not really send you that information about getting free money.

Slammer, 2003
    Another fast spreader, this worm infected about 75,000 systems in just 10 minutes, slowing the Internet to a crawl (much like Code Red) and shutting down thousands of websites.

MyDoom, 2004
    Notable as the fastest-spreading email virus of all time, MyDoom infected computers so they would, in turn, send even more junk mail. In a strange twist, MyDoom was also used to attack the website of SCO Group, a very unpopular company that was suing other companies over its code being used in Linux distributions.

Storm, 2007
    The worst recent virus, Storm spread via email spam with a fake attachment and ultimately infected up to 10 million computers, causing them to join its zombie botnet.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Worst Viruses of all times...

Wow dude that is really intersting a history lesson on viruses.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Gotta question: is the the trojan virus clasified as one of those dangerous viruses? cos whenever I got it I had to be awake and inffront of my computer fighting it for two days and a night so the healthy files didn't get infected. I got rid of it but it cost me some files... the Trojan does not come alone, it comes with a lot of worms and "mini-viruses" so that's why was so hard for me to get rid of it... so is it clasified as one of the "worst viruses"?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Gotta question: is the the trojan virus clasified as one of those dangerous viruses? cos whenever I got it I had to be awake and inffront of my computer fighting it for two days and a night so the healthy files didn't get infected. I got rid of it but it cost me some files... the Trojan does not come alone, it comes with a lot of worms and "mini-viruses" so that's why was so hard for me to get rid of it... so is it clasified as one of the "worst viruses"?
    A Trojan is a classification of viruses. Its named after the Trojan Horse for its ability to appear completely harmless. But they can be deadly since they carry more than one virus like you mentioned. Most Trojans are compressed files like zip or rar. It can be detected if you scan the file before opening it.

This is pretty interesting. I've heard of a few of these especially the ILOVEYOU virus. My friend opened one of those when he checked his email from a school computer. If the teacher who was there watching over us disconnected it immediately it could have been really bad.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

I've heard of Michealangelo, Code Red, and Klez. The others i had no clue about. Wow. I'm surprised. And I'm wondering, why isn't the Blue Screen of Death on there?
    Here?

I guess because it's not a virus. XD Oh Well, It's still a horrible computer malfunction. lol =D

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they forgot a good virus thats breaking through rapidly fast its called Poison Ivy and it latches onto files thats why its such a deadly virus...

Blue Screen of Death isn't a virus its just the worst thing that can happen to a computer from your own mistakes

Stupid pool error!!! Rawr!

Nice list of viruses there I knew them all, good refresher for on how good programmers are getting at making malicious code thou

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Storm, 2007
    The worst recent virus, Storm spread via email spam with a fake attachment and ultimately infected up to 10 million computers, causing them to join its zombie botnet

that would suck alot to have this happen i would be pissed.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    Storm, 2007
    The worst recent virus, Storm spread via email spam with a fake attachment and ultimately infected up to 10 million computers, causing them to join its zombie botnet

that would suck alot to have this happen i would be pissed.
    In my opinion any virus is a bummer, Trojan is the worst i ever suffered from but it was cleaned, half of my forum account were deleted because i had a virus and they had protection of it, i got permo banned but now i'm virus free

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast