+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (^_^) can i ask a question?

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: (^_^) can i ask a question?

huhuhu....T_T...... WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT!!!! WHY!!!!????!!!! huhuhuhu...... But thats ok.... FOR ANIME!!!!!

Newbie vivace may be famous one day vivace may be famous one day
    Thanks

In a way it's due to Japanese culture and history. Because of China's vast influence in Asian history, most of the character systems in East Asia are derived from the Chinese.

Japan has a history for taking ideas from others, and changing (and most the time improving) them to be "Japanese." I'd explain and give examples in depth, but I'd end up giving a history lecture xD and those tend to be boring unless you're really interested (pm me if you really want a huge explanation/discussion).

But if you look in Japanese text books, they state that hiragana and katakana are split versions of Chinese characters. Hiragana is reserved to write Japanese words. Not wanting to taint their language, Katakana is used to write borrowed words that aren't Japanese. Examples of borrowed words are "internet" and "computer." Borrowed words aren't exclusively English, I just can't think any others off the top of my head.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

The Cantonese "mou man tai". XD I thought GALS! and Kodoccha were the only titles that used the phrase; turns out AIR GEAR's using it too (aside from those three, I haven't heard/read "mou man tai" elsewhere).

In katakana, you'd write that as : モーマンタイ (moo man tai)

Kanji replaces hiragana when there is a kanji equivalent of a particular word. For example, instead of writing いく or ゆく you'd write 行く(iku). This lets people know what you're referring to, especially if a certain word has more than one meaning (ex : "itte" can mean "go" or "say" or "enter" depending on whether you write it 行って or 言って or 入って )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2