Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adapting to Japanese food?

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Adapting to Japanese food?

Hey you guys its me again with another question. I

If you move to Japan will the sudden change of food make you sick since your body is unused to it?

Just wondering cuz its an theory my freinds had. I wonder if itll be a big shock going from fajitaas, tortillas, beans, pizza, burgers and other mexican and american foods. So does anyone have any opinions or facts on this issue? They will be appreciated! TaNks!!!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Adapting to Japanese food?

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Hey you guys its me again with another question. I

If you move to Japan will the sudden change of food make you sick since your body is unused to it?

Just wondering cuz its an theory my freinds had. I wonder if itll be a big shock going from fajitaas, tortillas, beans, pizza, burgers and other mexican and american foods. So does anyone have any opinions or facts on this issue? They will be appreciated! TaNks!!!
    Having any sudden change in habit can make you sick, especially food. The theory is correct and can be proven anywhere really. In a lot of the states obesity is a serious problem and a lot of those people who are on a high fat content fast food diet, that suddenly switch to full course meals that are slightly-healthy can become extremely sick afterwards. This isn't necesarrily a negative reaction, it is just that the body hasn't experienced the contents often and can reject it almost as if it were poison, or digest it differently.

If you take in account most raw dishes served in Japan or the large amount of rice and vegetables, switching to that after years of burgers and soft drinks can definetally make you feel ill. This is a good thing though and the nausea will cease to exist after a few days to a few weeks usually.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Having any sudden change in habit can make you sick, especially food. The theory is correct and can be proven anywhere really. In a lot of the states obesity is a serious problem and a lot of those people who are on a high fat content fast food diet, that suddenly switch to full course meals that are slightly-healthy can become extremely sick afterwards. This isn't necesarrily a negative reaction, it is just that the body hasn't experienced the contents often and can reject it almost as if it were poison, or digest it differently.

If you take in account most raw dishes served in Japan or the large amount of rice and vegetables, switching to that after years of burgers and soft drinks can definetally make you feel ill. This is a good thing though and the nausea will cease to exist after a few days to a few weeks usually.
    So you can get used to it? How sick will it make you? And is there a easy nice and soft way to break this ice?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    So you can get used to it? How sick will it make you? And is there a easy nice and soft way to break this ice?
    It depends on the person entirely. Building a tolerance is something we humans can do without real thought, so it is more than possible to get used to soemthing like a different diet. Plenty of people do it..I mean it is dieting. That is probably the most one of the popular activities for most people around the world, and especially in the U.S..

How the results turn out are entirely based on each individual. Some people have no problem handling a dramatic change and some are effected to the extreme.

I had to laugh at the breaking of the ice part..that seems pretty ridiculous or hilarious actually. What would be the point really?

I guess instead of one of your regular dishes for a meal you could switch it out with a bowl or rice or soup maybe, probably just replace one meal of the day with an oriental type. Sounds pretty foolish though.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah that definitely happens. Not exactly Japanese food per se, but just a simple change of environment that makes the same food could make you ill. How? For example, the water in that country might not be as clean as your home country is...

POST# 3700!!!
    Last edited by Legend; May 18, 2007 at 08:12 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, it's not like they only have Japanese food in Japan nowadays, a hamburger is as easy to get as a beef bowl. and besides, it's not like your body will totally keel over if you have miso soup or anything like that. it's simply your body adjusting to the culture of the country through food. it may take a while to acquire a taste, maybe not...

personally, i don't think you have anything to worry about food wise over there, i think it's more the style of eating. in America, they serve you big portions all day, however, Japanese give you lots of little dishes that fill you up longer (or atleast it feels that way for me)... also, it depends if you like the food to being with!

^o^ i like soup and curri, so it would be easy for me to find a good meal over there!

Udon rules!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    well, it's not like they only have Japanese food in Japan nowadays, a hamburger is as easy to get as a beef bowl. and besides, it's not like your body will totally keel over if you have miso soup or anything like that. it's simply your body adjusting to the culture of the country through food. it may take a while to acquire a taste, maybe not...

personally, i don't think you have anything to worry about food wise over there, i think it's more the style of eating. in America, they serve you big portions all day, however, Japanese give you lots of little dishes that fill you up longer (or atleast it feels that way for me)... also, it depends if you like the food to being with!

^o^ i like soup and curri, so it would be easy for me to find a good meal over there!

Udon rules!

Yep, nothing to really worry about. Unless you suddenly indulge in poisonous dishes, you won't die from anything served there. Feeling a bit sick isn't that bad, unless you choose to vomit everytime you eat. I would suggest not to get into that habit, that would kill you quite horribly.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I can eat anything. That is to say, I can eat anything w/o getting sick. But that doesn't mean I'll like what I eat. I may be 100% Asian, but there were still plenty of things in Japan I hated eating. For example, I didn't finish half my osechi-ryori (New Year's Day meal) because everything was either too sweet or simply tasted horrid. I suppose if you really want to get used to the food you should just stuff yourself with it everyday and bear it till you're used to it? I dunno, isn't that how you get used to anything else?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast