Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adapting to Japanese food?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Adapting to Japanese food?

I second Rebel's notion.

I can eat anything, anywhere. Sudden change in environment isn't an obstacle for me! If I can pronounce it, I'll try it. If I can't.. I'll still try it. And as much as I love Japan and its culture... I HATE the food. I'm training myself to get used to Sushi.. seeing as how when I'm a little older I'm planning on moving over there. So might as well start getting used to the food you'll end up eating for a while, eh?

My point being, it depends on the individual. Some people just cannot handle the change of environment and diet.. and they start to get homesick and end up eating very little. Others however, may love the change and adapt, no problem.

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

You won't get sick that easily. It only matters what your body can handle. I mean me I eat Mexican, American, Chinese, and Vietnamese food and look at me i'm still not throwing up! So I don't think you'll get sick that quickly by eating Japanese food.
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I second Rebel's notion.

I can eat anything, anywhere. Sudden change in environment isn't an obstacle for me! If I can pronounce it, I'll try it. If I can't.. I'll still try it. And as much as I love Japan and its culture... I HATE the food. I'm training myself to get used to Sushi.. seeing as how when I'm a little older I'm planning on moving over there. So might as well start getting used to the food you'll end up eating for a while, eh?

My point being, it depends on the individual. Some people just cannot handle the change of environment and diet.. and they start to get homesick and end up eating very little. Others however, may love the change and adapt, no problem.
    I wonder if anyone knows that fast food restraunts can be found just about anywhere in the world? How about the fact that foreigners have travelled frequently from one place to another since the time we could walk?

There are plenty of places where food meets the required taste of an individual and there are quite a few that can meet the different taste of people overseas. Hell, I am sure there are specific tourists destinations meant solely for..who? Tourists I am guessing.

If people are so lazy that they would stick with eating nothing instead of travelling a few blocks for a meal they could enjoy, than oh well...sucks for them.

Kuwi I think you are missing the poiint of the discussion. We are talking about adapting to food. That kinda means being introduced to a situation that is unfamiliar to the individual. This isn't necesarrily a race thing or the occassional eating out to an ethinic restraunt.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I suppose, but eating out everyday burns a huge hole in your pocket. Then again, if you're moving there by yourself, you can always cook stuff that you can eat. Going there to live with a Japanese family is a different matter altogether.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I suppose, but eating out everyday burns a huge hole in your pocket. Then again, if you're moving there by yourself, you can always cook stuff that you can eat. Going there to live with a Japanese family is a different matter altogether.
    ? What? Sorry I didn't follow this post at all really.

Adapting to other foods is a preference, so are the circumstances in which you are introduced. Unless you are kidnapped and/or forced to live in the country with no money and no options that will allow you to go to an embassy, people choose to eat this way.

You are a fool if you decided to move to a country where most of the food and water isn't edible for youself. In that case, it is your own fault and you deserve the reward which you recieve by your own acts of stupidity.

I think 'Baka!' would be the best term to define this sort of person right?

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Hey you guys its me again with another question. I

If you move to Japan will the sudden change of food make you sick since your body is unused to it?

Just wondering cuz its an theory my freinds had. I wonder if itll be a big shock going from fajitaas, tortillas, beans, pizza, burgers and other mexican and american foods. So does anyone have any opinions or facts on this issue? They will be appreciated! TaNks!!!
    Uhh... well i'm like part japanese and i usually eat a variaty of korean/japanese food. so i'm set lol. Oh and korean food is almost like japanese food but japanese culture alters it a bit and both taste great, have a little bit of the same alvor but still have a diffrent taste.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

that never became a problem to me when i was there...the food is really nice and doesn't upset my tummy at all. compare it to where i lived...duck fetus...yummy then uuughhh.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post
    You won't get sick that easily. It only matters what your body can handle. I mean me I eat Mexican, American, Chinese, and Vietnamese food and look at me i'm still not throwing up! So I don't think you'll get sick that quickly by eating Japanese food.
    I agree with kuwirules145 you will not get sick effectively i have ate from american, mexican, korean, vietnamese, italian, german, and including chinese, along with Japanese food all of the names foods they have not caused me trouble, and also it depends if your allergic to the food or cannot allow certain types of food cannot be eated.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast