Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adapting to Japanese food?

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Adapting to Japanese food?

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Hey you guys its me again with another question. I

If you move to Japan will the sudden change of food make you sick since your body is unused to it?

Just wondering cuz its an theory my freinds had. I wonder if itll be a big shock going from fajitaas, tortillas, beans, pizza, burgers and other mexican and american foods. So does anyone have any opinions or facts on this issue? They will be appreciated! TaNks!!!
    This is the post we are discussing. The 'sudden change of food' is a very important statement when trying to find an answer to the question. He(or she sorry) isn't asking how people react when they eat out or handle different ethnic foods in restaraunts. Nor food poisoning or water issues, if and or we are allergic to somethings really.

Notice "Adapting to Japanese food" as the thread title. We are talking about adapting to the sudden change in diet when you move to Japan from any other place in the world that doesn't necesarrily share that type of cuisine, or relating situations.

It usually takes more than a few days for someone to actually adapt to something. Think of moving to Japan not as a vacation, but probably an actual living arangement.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't eaten too much Japanese food, but I can agree with the past statments about your body rejecting foods you're not used to. I'm not sure how Japanese food would affect me, but I'm assuming that it wouldn't be too bad. I eat lots of rice and fish as it is, and I'm sure that's primarily what most Asians eat on a daily basis. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for other folk, if you're eating nothin' but fat burgers, then yeah, you might puke Japanese food. LOL.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

For Westerners Japanese food isn't such a huge change. Especially nowadays when the Japanese have introduced a lot of Western cuisine into their food intake.

Otaku Waremono is off to a good start Waremono's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure that eating raw fish and somen might be a big change in your diet, the first time I had salmon and wasabi I practicaly choked. (It might have helped for me to know that wasabi was realy hot!) I think that if you try eating foods from Japan at a steady and fixed rate, have japanese food twice a week, you might get used to it. I am completely used to sushi and I have been very enthusiastic about eating japanese food now that I'm used to the taste.
    If your happy and you know it make a kitty!!! =^_^= <Meow!

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless you've grown up eating standard US (=fried) fare, an Asian diet is probably healthier for you. Probably more so than diet, the sudden environmental change will affect your body. Even after jet lag, it'll take a while to get used to living in a new country. If you're just touring, take some antacids. If you're moving there, take some things that remind you most of home (or your own culture). It'll take some of the stress off cultural readjustment.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

lets not forget that alot of Japanese food stresses more the texture of the food, and the look and color of it. i know a lot of friends consider some japanese food bland...hehe i should spoon them a glop of wasabi...but i have found that i liked the value of the texture from some dishes...I started eating real japanese food when i first met my wife(shes japanese) 10 years ago and i havent been sick yet...i've also traveled alot over seas, havent had any problems yet.
    Don't Panic

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    For Westerners Japanese food isn't such a huge change. Especially nowadays when the Japanese have introduced a lot of Western cuisine into their food intake.
    Plantains!

Yeh, that's true. The Japanese are putting variety to their meals. I wonder if they're doing that in Japan as well. Or just over here because they'll make more [$$]

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

Burgers and stuff is really heavy food if you can eat all that now,switching too sushi and veggies should be ok for your body but you might just not like it as much ahha youll be craving burgers in a few days.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast