+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ancient Japan

Newbie a-twisted-mind is off to a good start
    Thanks

Unhappy Ancient Japan

I am currently doing research for a project involving medieval Japan, in particular the Sengoku (Era of "Warring States"/Muramachi) Period. And i have encountered a huge problem... I can hardly find anything on the women of that time period. I desperately need to find out possible/common occupations/jobs of women during that time period. I've only stumbled across a few articles about women samurai and that's the best i've gotten. So if you know of any resources or are familiar yourself with the time period, i'd greatly appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Ancient Japan

Quote Originally Posted by a-twisted-mind View Post
    I am currently doing research for a project involving medieval Japan, in particular the Sengoku (Era of "Warring States"/Muramachi) Period. And i have encountered a huge problem... I can hardly find anything on the women of that time period. I desperately need to find out possible/common occupations/jobs of women during that time period. I've only stumbled across a few articles about women samurai and that's the best i've gotten. So if you know of any resources or are familiar yourself with the time period, i'd greatly appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!
    I will give you an interesting article. Its not a free handout however.

This article is something in a site that isn't very "established" as Wikipedia is. If you want to find the author, source, and other information your going to have to dig yourself.

Also you can find more by typing "Sengoku era of japan women" in any search engine. I found the article in a couple minutes of searching. You just have to know what key words the searches like.

I post this with the intention of encouraging to research more into it. If you only use my article, well, for shame. Doing homework is how you learn. Searching for info is part of it, so give it a good try!

Gaming World // Articles - Culture of Japan – Women of Feudal Japan

Newbie a-twisted-mind is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wah!!! Thank you so much. Your advice is very helpful. I've done craploads of searches, but not that one specifically (figures, lol). That article was exactly what i've been looking for, and i have every intention of doing more research btw. I'm certainly not the kind of person who just limits their research to one source, i'm not that lazy and hopeless... But thank you sooo much. I hope someday i can return the favor!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I hope you won't be using "Ancient" in your title. The Sengoku jidai is hardly related to ancient times.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you can say "HIstorical" that wouldn't be bad at all cuz history can take place from when it was first created to the very last second that has past. Of cousre im exagerating a bit but just to prove my point

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a-twisted-mind View Post
    DEGUCHI's Message Board

i have found this article very interesting and will answer your questions. this link has a summary of the women during that era, with some feedback and commentary on the women's place in society by the writer. i hope you enjoy this link.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread