+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anime in america

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

anime in america

so i'm watching tv, and i see a commercial for a drink called absolut vodka.... in the commercial it shows a scene from akira and says "absolute anime" then i started thinking "in what other ways is anime starting to pop up in american (or even "european") culture?" (not including american or "european" anime)
    one of the ways is the the fact that hailey joel osment, an actor in hollywood, was doing voicework not only for IGPX (which, in my opinion, is japanese, because only the storyline was written in america) but also for kingdom hearts too.

Newbie GeminiEntity may be famous one day GeminiEntity may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: anime in america

Wish I had seen that, Akira is indeed a classic anime to use.

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

maybe, but america's common folk still hate anime, they make fun of Manga and anime and dont have any good reasons. it's rather sad too watch how stupid people are these days.

Banned Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down ha...

oh please we all know anime here sucks *** its terrible I know you think oh yay america is making anime like a litle *** but know this america will never know its true value and long as its the way it is. Make sure you slose the door on your way out thank you kindly

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Common ppl here in Uk think anime n cartoon are the same which isnt. I hate those ppl who think tht.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

In French-speaking Europe I believe there are much less things like that happening, and also there is almost no censorship, if not at all (of course it may be that some animes/mangas are not published over here but I haven't heard about that), I mean in our mindset we just don't understand how there could be a censure neither.

Anime is everywhere, several channels over here, which had primarily no relation to anime (such as music-only channels, national TV channels) have started showing Anime (however in some channels they show them mostly in the mornings, which still makes me believe they think it's only for children...).

I can't wait to find time (I'm a Sociology student) to make a sociological study of the image anime has

Newbie treaze_kushrinada may be famous one day treaze_kushrinada may be famous one day treaze_kushrinada's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate ppl who think that to othere small minded and ignorant and i bet you they have never watched proper anime in there lives. fair enough the americans do mock anime but you have to admit its easyier to get it there than it is here
    Text size limit in sigs is 2 and image size limit in sigs is 500*115.
    -- Hassun

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

typical america to destroy anime by putting it an a vodka ad

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast