+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime & Japanese History

Newbie Unique9 may be famous one day Unique9 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Anime & Japanese History

Hi im making a study into anime films for a college project, could you please answer and discuss my question:

Do u believe that anime films relate to Japanese History, and if so is it any more or less than Disney films and American History?

Please discuss your views as it would me with my studies alot
    thanks

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Anime conventions

Are you asking which has more history in Japan or which shows aspects of Japan's history more? You choice of words/grammar seems a little odd. Not to mention the thread title.

Newbie Unique9 may be famous one day Unique9 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Anime conventions

yes im sorry bout the thread title i wrote it and then forgot to change it....but what im askin is what to do think relates to its own countries history the most..anime or disney

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime & Japanese History

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This is more a Japanese Culture topic then a discussion of current Anime series... So Moving...

In addition to series that are pure entertainment, there are series that relate to some of the unique cultural aspects of Japan, such as some of the demon hunter/occult series (e.g. 'Blue Seed', 'Vampire Princess Miyu').

And the defeat of Japan in WWII does show up in many a Anime series, with series and features showing mankinds defeat at the hand of alien invasion (e.g. 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind', 'Blue Gender', 'Gunparade March', 'Macross') as well as series with a unique perspective on war (e.g. 'Gundam' series)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Tsuki Shinigami may be famous one day Tsuki Shinigami may be famous one day Tsuki Shinigami's Avatar
    Thanks

Disney is mostly about fantasy and fairy tales with only a few forays into the subject of history....Japanese Anime deals with these subjects too but it adds a lot of cultural references...ie....religion,history and as stated above the occult. Look at titles like Samarai X and Peace Maker that deal with the Meiji Era and the eventual downfall of the Tokugawa Shogunate. So for me I believe that case for case Japanese Anime brings more of their social identity to their animation than Disney ever did.
    "I was bringing the Master as backup. It was like carrying a thermonuclear device to kill ants. Overkill has always been a speciality of mine." Anita Blake

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's like cartoons from America, Europe or wherever...

They make what they know, they make what's going on, they make what they think is going to happen later on. Anime didn't change the history of Japan, but added a sub-text. it didn't revolutionaize anything, it just happen to make a lot of money becuz it's so popular...

however, it does give a glimps of how they felt during those times... usually the emotions in the show would most likely be the ones the people felt. WWII would be different if an American told it and how a Japanese would... and it would be the same if they both made cartoons about it.

+ Reply to Thread