Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Taking Over Japan

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Taking Over Japan

Anime Taking Over Japan? That's exaggerating it, my friend.

Anime is big in Japan, of course, but Japan is much more than anime/manga to the eyes of every Japanese, may not be so for some people [foreigners] who only know Japan for anime.. If you think teens in Japan are crazy over anime all the time, you should pay it a visit. My older sisters display no attraction to anime at all. Like many teens in Japan, they are more into fashion and music ~!! And their jobs of course!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Anime is popular in Japan, just like cartoons are popular in every other country.
    Nicely said!

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

I was in Japan over the summer and I didn't notice any animania really out of the ordinary. I mean, the pervs reading hentai mags on the subways is old news.

In Japan, unless you're a kiddie, anime is not really the "hip" thing to be into, despite the fact that it remains more common there than American animation is here in the United States (also probably the reason most anime studios are broke). While manga abounds like sushi on every street corner, anime is still considered generally considered a kids novelty; if an adult in his twenties said to his peers, "I love anime!" he'd get some weird stares, and might even be branded an "otaku" (used widely in Japan in a negative sense, as opposed to the idealistic positive way we toss it around in America).

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

I think what kimchi24 was thinking was what he saw in a certain manga. There is a manga called Megatokyo which makes manga seem like its the most important thing in te world
    MegaTokyo - relax, we understand j00

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually Anime is taking over America, lol. i see more manga and new anime series everyday, I think its awsome.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockroc View Post
    Actually Anime is taking over America, lol. i see more manga and new anime series everyday, I think its awsome.
    Well america is now sorta into it but not enough as in japan i hear they're crazy for manga but you never know if you've never lived the life of a japanese person in japan. i bet that would be cool

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully one day i'll get to go to Japan, hot Japanese chicks with their shyness but spunk. lol.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

The day anime and manga takes over the world is the day I've arrived in heaven. Who wouldn't want to live where you don't have to be ashamed to say I LOVE ANIME. Unfortunately there aren't many around my area who share my love for anime, or at least none that will admit it.

Thanks

There are plenty in my home town. Ikd why......................

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast