+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (anime) wondering about names of (cat girls,dogs ect.)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

(anime) wondering about names of (cat girls,dogs ect.)

ok this is kinda werid to ask

but i know cat girls in anime are neko's but i was wondering about the rest like a bunny girl or doggygirl ect is there names like that for then oe are they just refacred as that too ( doggy girl bunny girl) ??

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: animewondering about names of ( cat girls,dogs ect)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Good question!!! Now 'Neko' means cat, but I don't know if it specifically refers to 'Cat girls' as a class...

This topic belongs in Japanese Culture... Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: (anime) wondering about names of (cat girls,dogs ect.)

...well as far as I know (which isnt really much) cat girl characters are reffered to as ネコ耳っ子(Neko Mimi'ko) = Cat ear girl. Similar terms are used for other types of animal girls, such as for dog girls: 犬耳っ子(Inu Mimi'ko) = Dog ear girls.

There are also terms that are directly linked to the meaning such as: ネコ耳少女(neko mimi shoujo)、 犬耳少女 (inu mimi shoujo) and so on...

...and I'm pretty sure that these are words/classifications made up by the otaku population. ^^;

I've never put too much thought into it so I'm not knowledgeable (if at all), its more of an educated guess kind of answer I'm putting here. ^^;
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Generally-speaking, you don't need the "ko" or the "shoujo"

The whole animal-ears genre/kink is called "kemono-mimi" (beast-ears), "neko-mimi" = cat ears, "inu-mimi" = dog ears, "usagi-mimi" = rabbit ears, etc.

People usually refer to the fetish itself rather than a single character.

ie. "nekomimi ga suki" (I like cat-ears) as opposed to the Western "I like catgirls"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Generally-speaking, you don't need the "ko" or the "shoujo"

The whole animal-ears genre/kink is called "kemono-mimi" (beast-ears), "neko-mimi" = cat ears, "inu-mimi" = dog ears, "usagi-mimi" = rabbit ears, etc.

People usually refer to the fetish itself rather than a single character.

ie. "nekomimi ga suki" (I like cat-ears) as opposed to the Western "I like catgirls"
    Yeah, "ko" and "shoujo" are just markers and particles (sort of). If the topic is understood, certain words can be omitted when it comes to the Japanese language. For example: If you already know that I am talking about myself, I wouldn't have to say Boku ("I") when I say whatever sentence I'd be saying about myself. In this case, it would be, "Usa-mimi ga daisuki." I really like bunny ears.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

How does one tell the difference then between someone who like bunny eared girls, and someone who's just flat out into beastiality. "I really like bunny ears" could mean either one. I'd hate to find out something about a japanese friend, after it was too late to create distance.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

bestiality is on a slightly different level of perversion than animal-ears... in which case, I suppose you would talk about being into the whole animal, not just it's appendages.

Though... bestiality with a cat or rabbit would be rather difficult to work out, given the size difference, claws and teeth.

Though words can ocaisionally cause trouble :P ... "shounen ai" USED to mean something similar to what it's used to represent in the West. But now it means "boylove" (ie. NAMBLA level pedophilia funtime). Suddenly there are quite a few little white girls walking around Ikebukuro declaring their love for sex with elementary school students ^^;

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    bestiality is on a slightly different level of perversion than animal-ears... in which case, I suppose you would talk about being into the whole animal, not just it's appendages.
    Yeah. In the Japanese language, if the act of animal sex isn't clarified during conversation, then it usually means they're just talkin' about the ears/appendages--whatever. If the person liked having sex with animals and was to be open with you about it, he'd probably just say he likes F**** animals, LOL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast