+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Kendo?

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anyone into Kendo?

I have a bokken but, I dont practice kendo. My swordsmanship is like Caprio only with a sword, for those whom have not heard of Caprio its a fighting martial arts that is often mis-took for breakdancing

Otaku Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru
    I have a bokken but, I dont practice kendo. My swordsmanship is like Caprio only with a sword, for those whom have not heard of Caprio its a fighting martial arts that is often mis-took for breakdancing
    Capoeira is an awesome art,I can tornado kick with a katana,I pratice my downstrokes,and sideslashes,also releasing from the sheath.
    Omae o Korosu!

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Love to do it the problem is the school dojo is in the next town ....

Maybe one day .

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

so Capoeira is Mugen's style of fighting then? cool

anyways, i've always have an interest in kendo but i've nvr gotten into it coz there r no classes teaching it n stuff..............i'm planning to buy a bokken n pratcise myself.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light's Avatar
    Thanks

yep,I'd adivse you study up on laido,it will make it easier to use your bokken,or sword.Releasing the blade will be more effecient and precise.
    Omae o Korosu!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru
    Capoeira practically influenced breakdancing.

It's a fighting style created by slaves due to their hands always being chained. They learned the fighting style by themselves, taught it to other slaves, then used it on their captors.

They tried to create their own country where they were the rulers, and they would be free...

... however, they forgot that their captors had one thing that capoeira couldn't do...
    Shoot bullets. ^_^ And so, they never got their freedom or their land...
    But capoeira spread nonetheless.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X
    so Capoeira is Mugen's style of fighting then? cool

anyways, i've always have an interest in kendo but i've nvr gotten into it coz there r no classes teaching it n stuff..............i'm planning to buy a bokken n pratcise myself.
    Very similiar if not the same

Thanks

thanks for the history lesson man,I never knew that.So I guess in a way,capoeira is like a shadow skill.
    Omae o Korosu!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast