+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan?

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan?

Okay so i guess it's safe to say that we all like anime one way or another but besides that what else do you love about (from) Japan? But of course, to abide with the rules and for a healthier thread make your posts more meaty...

Shall i start?

I'm a huge fan of Tokusatsu. For those unfamiliar with the term, Tokusatsu is the genre of Japanese live action shows that involves the usage of more-than-the-average-amount of special effects and Japanese superheroes. I've been a huge fan since childhood and in fact, i have more appreciation for it than anime itself.

Like Tokusatsu and anime, i am a fan of Kaiju. Again, for those unfamiliar, Kaiju is kinda like Toku but instead of transforming superheroes you get big monsters like Godzilla, Gamera, etc. Kaiju doesn't only pertain to the genre itself but also to the monsters. Kaiju has been very influential to me, those who know me personally knows that i am fond of drawing monsters without even running out of design ideas. I guess i have to thank the Kaiju industry for my skills.

Action figures and other collectibles- I am an avid toy collector and the majority of my inventory originated in Japan. Besides the fact that most of the stuff that i collect are from Toku, Anime, and Kaiju, i prefer Japanese figures coz they have better quality.

J-Dorama(Drama)- Because of my female cousin and the dreaded TV, i've started to transform from a viewer to a fan.

Music (J-pop or J-rock)- Not really a fan but i like a few stuff here and there.

Girls- I dunno but i really have a thing for Japanese women ever since childhood, was it because i grew up with a lot of things Japan? I have 2 ex-girlfriends that had Japanese blood in them, they looked Japanese and they talked a little Japanese (but they are still from the Philippines)...So there, i have to say that my appreciation for Japanese women isn't just a fan thing it's something more deeper than that.

A couple of things about the culture and the geography is a given of course....

Ok i'm done, your turn....

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan

I love the history. I have always despised history in school but when I first started getting into manga and anime my interest was peeked and I went to the library and cheeked out a lot of books on Japanese history. I also like to read about Japanese culture, how it is so different then mine. From vending machines to showering, it is so interesting.

Other then that, I have found myself recently watching some J drama's and actually enjoying them...its a guilty pleasure.

All in all I find Japan really interesting.

I'm just me.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I like the nature. The mountains, the forests, etc. Even with Japan's extreme urbanisation in certain areas, the really mountainous regions often remain almost untouched by man.

The Japanese culture is another thing that fascinates me, truly different from what we have here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

animangagrl2772 (Mar 17, 2009)

Newbie Kera1xx is off to a good start Kera1xx's Avatar
    Thanks

The music and game shows haha. Totally different than American game shows and music. Japan is just interesting in general. I'ts amazing especially the history

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kera1xx For This Useful Post:

DemonicKagomeTahoshi (Mar 18, 2009)

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the food, especially sushi, and I eat it with chopsticks(the only way to properly enjoy it.). I also love tokusatsu and sera myu. Sera Myu are japanesse musicals based on different anime like Sailor Moon.

Newbie Dawnshard is off to a good start Dawnshard's Avatar
    Thanks

i lived there for 2 yers. i also liked their modern society and architecture but they always gets earthquakes. I also like their toys but not the new toys, i like the traditinal toys because they are fun to play with like those in the anime MAR. those hammers with a ball and string, i forgot what it's name is.

sorry for my bad english. im trying my best.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dawnshard For This Useful Post:

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the food their train system is awesome. I also like a lot of the music that comes from Japan.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a big fan of the history Japan has. I am also a big fan of the music. They have very very good music in my opinion I listen to it all the time. When I tell someone what I listen to...I get the same dumb response. How can you listen to that stuff? and I always give the same answer. I turn on my MP3 player...thats how XD.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kairu For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast