+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan?

Newbie Anakai Tsukishima is off to a good start Anakai Tsukishima's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan

I love everything about Japan, I was born in Japan on a Army base in Okinawa. I don't remember much because I was just a baby. I stayed there until I was two years old, I kinda remember some of the things about it. I loved hearing the stories of the days I spent in Japan. The history is mostly my favorite, it's so much more interesting than American history; which is dull and boring. However I do tend to enjoy it sometimes. Japanese history is full of things you wouldn't normally hear in America which makes me want to learn more. I love their music, food, fashion and buildings. The older ones with their statues and shrines.. -Shivers.- They make my spine crack and become cold when I start to think about it. I've gone back to Japan a few times in the past, however I plan on going back this summer for site seeing. I'm hoping to find someone I lost in my past, he lives in Japan.. I doubt i'll ever find him again. Anyways, continuing on, I loved watching their Kabuki it's so funny seeing men in women clothing but don't get me wrong; I respect them. I loved walking to the shrines and praying to their gods for strength and I also loved putting on the Miko kimono's like Kikyou's from Inuyasha. All in all, I would rather live in Japan sometimes because of the wonders; sometimes not because besides the Tsunami's and earthquakes and Volcanos.. there are other things that are bad. Well anyways.. ^-^ Enjoy me ranting on.. :]
    .Ŧħę Fäłłěń Đřęăм. Į Ŵāʼnŋā Ķįŝş Ĩń Ţĥě Đāŗķ.

Newbie watashiwasuzuka is off to a good start watashiwasuzuka's Avatar
    Thanks

their history, the food [totaly in love with sushi]
    and of course the ghost mythology

3. The Following User Says Thank You to watashiwasuzuka For This Useful Post:

r1s456 (Mar 03, 2009)

Newbie r1s456 is off to a good start r1s456's Avatar
    Thanks
    ha ha nouthing makes me fell as good as when I saw the first sakura blossem of spring for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwasuzuka View Post
    their history, the food [totaly in love with sushi]
    and of course the ghost mythology
    and what about mytholgy on demons I love all the things you said you loved but I love both of there mytholgy
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 03, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Newbie D2M Master is off to a good start D2M Master's Avatar
    Thanks

Well for me just about everything about Japan I like!
    From the Food. To there culture. To just simple things like the way they eat and everything xD
    Though I do prefer the older culture before usa pushed them into trading. but w/e Japan is still Amazingly awesome xDD

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I love many things about Japan.>>>
    Here are some of my faves:
    1.Music[the anime songs]
    2.History[Well its my fave subject and love everything in its hitory]
    3.People
    4.The Shows[Baikingu]
    Love the history background of Japan
    So i decided to take Archeology in my College as my course..>>.
    The Music well[LOVE IT.>>>the anime songs actually]
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

I like a lot of the general culture, but I think, in all honesty, you'll find actual Japanese people to be more private than you'd like them to be. My own experience of Japanese residents was of quiet, reserved people who dont really want to give much away of their culture, or their life in general. Whether this comes from some sort of fear of becoming 'Americanised', or of having a fear of foreigners taking over after having their imports closed for so long and being closed off from the rest of the world, or whether its something else entirely, it can actually, in all honesty, be a little bit of a let-down to someone intending to say, pen-pal with someone from Japan. I've found this to be the case myself.

Bonsai is primarily a Chinese-based ideal, but since Japan also adopted this, I like the overall idea of Bonsai. I'm avid with it, regardless of who thought of it first. I like oriental plants, I like the designs, and I like Tatami mats, despite how extremely expensive they are. I also enjoy just the simple surreal humour they have at times, and the fact that most of their publications are much more free and open than anywhere else in the world. Some might say this isn't good due to all of the weird eromanga and stuff thats available there, but neither do I appreciate oppression on the part of art, or simple comics/innocent jokes. Land of the free, indeed.

I find a lot of their music to be similar to one another, but quite a few of them are very catchy and you'll be whistling them for a while, at least I find myself like that. <3 I also like the shows, and the ceremonies and everything. I could also see myself spending my life savings if I went shopping there. xD I just find a lot of things from there cute, or awesome, and I HAVE to buy them. <3

I DONT like their gangs. Or rather, the fact that some of the teens there REALLY glamorize the idea of gangs.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Newbie Natsume4321 is off to a good start
    Thanks

nothing just anime that all because there nothing else that I want to know more
    about it than anime it self well sometimes I looked for manga to see some resemble or maybe similarities from it

Otaku Genma758 is off to a good start
    Thanks

hmm... well i love there lifestyle. the way they live i those nice houses. the food that they make us very good i really like it. they also have very many things that americans dont have. i dont know many but i do know that they do.
    also japanese woman are very pretty.
    The Man Who Knows War

And the Cutie at his Shoulder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast