+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan?

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Re: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan

I love the music, food, outfits, and how their customs are way different the the American customs. It's also the 6th language and culture that I want to learn, besides, Korean, French, German, and Czechoslovakian.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicKagomeTahoshi View Post
    I love the music, food, outfits, and how their customs are way different the the American customs. It's also the 6th language and culture that I want to learn, besides, Korean, French, German, and Czechoslovakian.
    yes indeed thee music totally rocks and i wished that i would have any music from them , but since i have no money i cannot get anything until i work for it, and also i dearly admire into what you mentioned about the outfits every single culture has its own set of clothing that they prefer to choose on what to wear, and respect that type of wearing.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Newbie Onyx is off to a good start Onyx's Avatar
    Thanks

For me it has to be the language, the customs, the food, the clothing and especially the people. The country in general has been quite an appeal of mine, not to mention some of the media.

Newbie zman786 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i like the language, the style/culture, the ppl and vending machines!! lol also love how advanced they are in technology compared to a lot of the more modern places

Newbie Ayame666 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I love Kimonos, the jpop/jrock, the scenery and so much more!

You know who your real friends are when you call and ask for help burying a body.

Newbie MissOtaku is off to a good start MissOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I love thie music (j-pop) of course. My favorite singer being Ayumi Hamasaki. I love their food. Sushi is awesome! ^_^

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan

Quote Originally Posted by MissOtaku View Post
    I love thie music (j-pop) of course. My favorite singer being Ayumi Hamasaki. I love their food. Sushi is awesome! ^_^
    Sushi is lovely!!!! ^o^ -Sushifriend huggle-

I tried California sushi rolls a while ago, and I can honestly say, although I found them a bit more flavoursome, I still prefer original sushi. :3

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    Okay so i guess it's safe to say that we all like anime one way or another but besides that what else do you love about (from) Japan? But of course, to abide with the rules and for a healthier thread make your posts more meaty...

Shall i start?

I'm a huge fan of Tokusatsu. For those unfamiliar with the term, Tokusatsu is the genre of Japanese live action shows that involves the usage of more-than-the-average-amount of special effects and Japanese superheroes. I've been a huge fan since childhood and in fact, i have more appreciation for it than anime itself.

Like Tokusatsu and anime, i am a fan of Kaiju. Again, for those unfamiliar, Kaiju is kinda like Toku but instead of transforming superheroes you get big monsters like Godzilla, Gamera, etc. Kaiju doesn't only pertain to the genre itself but also to the monsters. Kaiju has been very influential to me, those who know me personally knows that i am fond of drawing monsters without even running out of design ideas. I guess i have to thank the Kaiju industry for my skills.

Action figures and other collectibles- I am an avid toy collector and the majority of my inventory originated in Japan. Besides the fact that most of the stuff that i collect are from Toku, Anime, and Kaiju, i prefer Japanese figures coz they have better quality.

J-Dorama(Drama)- Because of my female cousin and the dreaded TV, i've started to transform from a viewer to a fan.

Music (J-pop or J-rock)- Not really a fan but i like a few stuff here and there.

Girls- I dunno but i really have a thing for Japanese women ever since childhood, was it because i grew up with a lot of things Japan? I have 2 ex-girlfriends that had Japanese blood in them, they looked Japanese and they talked a little Japanese (but they are still from the Philippines)...So there, i have to say that my appreciation for Japanese women isn't just a fan thing it's something more deeper than that.

A couple of things about the culture and the geography is a given of course....

Ok i'm done, your turn....
    Sakura(cherry blossums), sweet bean roles, uptight about expressing sexuality, their sense of honor, respect for their elders, how they think the color of our candy is insane, straight black hair, Miyazaki Hayao's storytelling,
    school outfits i wish we had even though i'm no longer in school, bento, enthusiasm, sake, school festivals, and i think i can go on pretty much forever!

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 ... LastLast