+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan?

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Besides anime, what else do you love about Japan

i love in japan the people and it is very beautiful country ... and they have very good food and i LOVE the stick they eat by .. =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Culture In General. I think its more pure then American culture. You dont have people doing crack in japan. Its......Calm in a sense. It calm and pure. And as much as i hate to agree with Hassun he right the mountains ans land scape it beautiful

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little negi sensei View Post
    You dont have people doing crack in japan.
    I wouldn't say that Japan is crack-free, the only crack-free country i can think of is the Vatican. Seriously.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    I wouldn't say that Japan is crack-free, the only crack-free country i can think of is the Vatican. Seriously.
    Well therres far less people doing drugs in japan than in the states.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, Soshi <3s Japanese ice cream, and i pretty much love everything that's plastered with a cute smiley face...

OH! AND CURRY UDON! the Abu <3s curry udon~!

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

the fact that with a city holding 12 million+ people its still the cleanest city i have been to, they smite the french by having the tokyo tower taller than the eiffel tower with the same architechture, harijuku in harijuku lol all the shrine and the abience around them espcially the main one in asakusa.

the fact that you can buy beer, cigarettes, hot/cold coffee and fanta from a vending machine lol
    or how the there is no mandatory closing time for clubs or bars as well as no last call ! i love tokyo i love japan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everyone is so respectful and nice....

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little negi sensei View Post
    The Culture In General. I think its more pure then American culture. You dont have people doing crack in japan. Its......Calm in a sense. It calm and pure. And as much as i hate to agree with Hassun he right the mountains ans land scape it beautiful
    Well, Little negi i have to agree on you on that one.
    The landscape is indeed a wonderous place, and i missed that place to put in my appreciation to Japan that i truly love it.
    It is indeed calm, since i had read the history and also the background before deciding to reserved airline tickets after my graduation.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Culture!!!!!

What started me off wasn't anime actually, but a girl who was interested in the language. Though anime is what I mostly did for the past few years, I have somewhat came to a very slow crawl lately.

What keeps me crawling and getting back up is the vastly huge difference between Canadian and Japanese culture. The fastest example under my sight/hand is this book I started reading a while ago called ''Le marin rejet&#233; par la mer'' written by Yuio Mishima, translated by G. Renondeau. The story starts out pretty much identical to what you might expect from a story anywhere in a world, but you quickly bump into things, places and how people act, that are out of this world when compared to where I live. Well, maybe not that much, as the world if pretty much becoming one huge social pool of similar people due to TV, the Internet, easy access to transportation (though still expensive for some cases) and so on.

My greatest contact so far with Japanese was at Expo Qu&#233;bec in 2006 when a whole pavilion was dedicated to showing Japanese culture and companies just an hour away by bus to me. I haven't had the chance to go to Japan yet, but discussing with tons of Japanese who knew French and some English was a good experience. I had a varying experience depending on the nature of each person, going from very open and pleasant to downright insulting on one occasion (the chef of the sample restaurant spoke well in English, but didn't like my curiosity at all...). I won't write down everything that went on, but just to say, it was a great moment in my short lived life so far, and I hope to have many more moments to meet people from this far away place.

Otherwise, indeed, the ladies do seem attractive, as any nicely proportioned women for that matter

EDIT: Oh, and maybe the nature a bit, but that probably comes along with the culture at some degree.
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Jul 02, 2008 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast