Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chop sticks

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Chop sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO! YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!

ok, firstly who have you the idea to even think that we eat soup with chopsticks... kinda impossible buddy. if its a noodle broth we eat the noodles and drink from the bowl. if its just soup we grab the bowl and drink from it. Oh abu dhabi, the spoon your thinking about may be true or some parts but thats more from ramen and noodle sort of soup. To cut meat, it depends on the meat. we can split it with the two ends of the chop stick or get a knife and cut it. you guys make it sound like we can do amazing things with chopsticks... no way we can drink soup wiith chopsticks....
    umm acctually most of us said you eat the food item out of the broth THEN drink the broth.no duh you cant eat broth with chop sticks.its like me trying to eat air with a fork!!!DUH!!!!

Newbie cheekyboy is off to a good start cheekyboy's Avatar
    Thanks

the only time when i would use a knoife in japan is if im eating steak.everything else chop stick if soup a spoon,or i will pick up the bowl and drink it.like so.but with big dishes with chopstick you pick it up and eat at it with while holding it ,like your picking at it.table manners here are a little diffrent.but the most important thing with chopsticks is not to stick them in rice pointing up and leave them there..that's only done when somebody dies!

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know, they use knives for meat...and for soup they bring the bowl to their mouth and sweep the contents in with the chopsticks. By the way slurping is considered polite in Japan I believe.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

they do not use spoons unless its a ramen shop they use a special spoon....how do they eat soup with their chopsticks?? well they eat all the contents such as tofu and seaweed...and whatever other things they want to put in it and then they slurp the soup....in other cultures slurping is "insulting" (not good manners) but for japanese people slurping soup or tea or anything hot is perfectly normal...now....eating meat they put the two chopsticks in the part where they want to cut it and then they open them and that is how the meat opens?? parts?/ breaks...whatever u wanna call it n_n ^-^

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    As far as I know, they use knives for meat...and for soup they bring the bowl to their mouth and sweep the contents in with the chopsticks. By the way slurping is considered polite in Japan I believe.
    Yes slurping in the japanese culture is a complement.it means to the cheif that whatever your having is so good you cant wait to get it in your mouth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babydee1 View Post
    White Tiger, Dragons,Horses, Deer, Wolves, BEARS, panthers, jags, leopards,and small mini pets(limited time only on minipets).
    ooops wrong post lol
    uumm how do you confuse chop sticks for animals

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Put one chopstick between the palm and the base of the thumb, using the ring finger (the fourth finger) to support the lower part of the stick. With the thumb, squeeze the stick down while the ring finger pushes it up. The stick should be stationary and very stable.

2. Use the tips of the thumb, index and middle fingers to hold the other stick like a pen. Make sure the tips of the two sticks line up.

3. Pivot the upper stick up and down towards the stationary lower stick. With this motion one can pick up food of surprising size.

4. With enough practice, the two sticks function like a pair of pincers.

I hope that helps. I know that helped me when I was trying to figure out how to use chopsticks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post

1. Put one chopstick between the palm and the base of the thumb, using the ring finger (the fourth finger) to support the lower part of the stick. With the thumb, squeeze the stick down while the ring finger pushes it up. The stick should be stationary and very stable.

2. Use the tips of the thumb, index and middle fingers to hold the other stick like a pen. Make sure the tips of the two sticks line up.

3. Pivot the upper stick up and down towards the stationary lower stick. With this motion one can pick up food of surprising size.

4. With enough practice, the two sticks function like a pair of pincers.

I hope that helps. I know that helped me when I was trying to figure out how to use chopsticks.
    lucky i had to use trial and error.that was hard

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast