+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Climbing Mt Fuji

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Climbing Mt Fuji

Just spent the past 3 days at Mt. Fuji. Started climbing from 11pm, reached the summit at 5:30am for the sunrise, and back down at 11am. 12 hours of hiking! Middle of summer it was, but had to dress warm as it was 7 degrees Celsius on the top. Bloody cold! Quite a few fell sick to altitude sickness, and you could see it in their yellow faces. Oxygen was sold along the way. The higher you got, the more expense the drinks were being sold.

Really hard climb where I had to get down on all fours at times.

Max height of Mt Fuji is 3776 metres. Well worth it, but wont be doing it again.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Climbing Mt Fuji

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Just spent the past 3 days at Mt. Fuji. Started climbing from 11pm, reached the summit at 5:30am for the sunrise, and back down at 11am. 12 hours of hiking! Middle of summer it was, but had to dress warm as it was 7 degrees Celsius on the top. Bloody cold! Quite a few fell sick to altitude sickness, and you could see it in their yellow faces. Oxygen was sold along the way. The higher you got, the more expense the drinks were being sold.

Really hard climb where I had to get down on all fours at times.

Max height of Mt Fuji is 3776 metres. Well worth it, but wont be doing it again.
    Did you send a postcard from the top?

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm... by the time I got to the top, I was satisfied just to walk a few hundred meters to checkout the shops, get a drink and that's it. The post office was on the other side of the crater unfortunately.

To walk all the way around takes 1 hour. I had the postcard on me, but couldn't be bothered. I did send it from the post office on the 5th level (half way up Fuji-san) though.

The guys working in these shops and huts along the way work there from 20 to 100 days at a time. It's not like you can go home after a day's work.

Give me a day or two and I will upload some photos to the gallery. Climbing season is only in July and August of each year. Rest of the time, too cold and snow on the volcano.

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

WOW seems like an amazing achivement. How far from Tokyo is mount Fuji.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

7C is cold?

DB, you don't know what cold is till its -40C and the weather service as issued a Frost-bite warning of 5 minutes exposure time, and having to catch the public transit 'cause all the schools are still open. (Welcome to Winterpeg Manisnowba, C-c-c-c-ana-d-d-da)

Got Pictures?

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

congratz DB it must of been cold for both of you -40!!! sheesh sevre weather climates but i'm glad you made it up and back

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    congratz DB it must of been cold for both of you -40!!! sheesh sevre weather climates but i'm glad you made it up and back
    +7C isn't "Severe" weather. Its a cool spring day.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

lol for me it's cold and i live in england! lol but -40 is really cold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast