+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dating customs in Japan

Newbie Silver Huntress is off to a good start Silver Huntress's Avatar
    Thanks

Dating customs in Japan

I am interested to know how dating in Japan parallels and differs from the western world. Do any of you know? I am also curous to hear any stories about any one of you dating a Japanese guy or girl or have been interested in one. :]

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dating customs in Japan

You go to the womans father and get his permission to take the woman out.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Nooooooo beast, young Japanese couples aren't that old-fashioned. That's when you want to ask for her hand in marriage or something.

How's about for starters I give the results of a survey I took concerning this subject?
    - Guys still usually pay for the girl, even though it’s changing (hence some of my guy friends say they don’t want a girlfriend because they can’t afford one, or can’t be bothered to pay for one)
    - Holding hands in public is getting to be a bit more popular, but couples in Japan still dislike showing affection in public, and usually pretend that they are not dating when in front of other people. So you NEVER see a couple in Japan kissing or with their hands around each other’s waists. Holding hands is acceptable because it is still kind of demure.
    - Most young Japanese still stay with their parents until they graduate university or get married, so it is common for couples to opt to have sex at a love hotel rather than their parent’s house, where they may not have privacy.
    - Dating casually is different from seeing someone in hopes to marry them. Young Japanese people can date anyone they want to and seek pleasure when casually dating, but when it comes to marriage, Japanese girls are picky and make sure to seek someone who can earn money responsibly, while Japanese guys are slightly less picky, looking for a girl who can cook well and is demure.
    関西は最高やねん

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

sometimes the old school method is still the best...
    first, be friendly with her, be patient and treat her with respect. take her out to different places, and most importantly, establish a conversation with her, listen to her carefully and avoid silent moments, it stops the mood and the momentum. and meet the parents if there's any opportunity, be friendly with them. talk with them. just keep up the routine. but most importantly, be sincere.
    by the way...this is for every girl.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

First sei-chan I think I know what I am talking about here since in sheer volume I have been with more Japanese girls than American. And perhaps I am old fashioned but I would like to think courtesy has no expiration date.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

kingmustang (May 25, 2010), Tamahome (May 26, 2010)

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    First sei-chan I think I know what I am talking about here since in sheer volume I have been with more Japanese girls than American. And perhaps I am old fashioned but I would like to think courtesy has no expiration date.

There so much BS in this thread. I have lived in many countries around the world and i can say this. Picking up women is the SAME no matter where you go. I live in japan now and i can say its easy as shit to pick up a girl. Most Japanese guys over there are shy as hell so when the ladies see a gunho outsider they flock over like crack heads to a turned over flower truck.
    Last edited by Kuzalagloopagloop; May 27, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzalagloopagloop View Post
    There so much BS in this thread. I have lived in many countries around the world and i can say this. Picking up women is the SAME no matter where you go. I live in japan now and i can say its easy as shit to pick up a girl. Most Japanese guys over there are shy as hell so when the ladies see a gunho outsider they flock over like crack heads to a turned over flower truck.
    I second that about the majority of Japanese girls and "charisma" men. Even the greasiest guys could be surrounded by the (dumber) Japanese girls. Thank goodness there are smarter girls who know better than to be shallow like that.
    But are we talking about picking up girls or about dating D:? Because picking up a girl and seeing hera few times in a month before it ends hardly equates to pronouncing yourselves as boyfriend/girlfriend and going for a relationship.
    関西は最高やねん

Newbie alengrew is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am also heard that but i am not sure about it. may be it can be happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast