+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you own one? (Japanese swords)

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you own one? (Japanese swords)

I just wanted know if anyone here owned a samurai sword. I was thinking of buying one that's like 250$, it's got a sapphire blue sheath and handle and it just looks really awesome and I just have to have it . I just want to know if it's worth buying one?
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you own one?

I have a samurai sword with a dull blade. I chase guests around the house with it to greet them! Lol. I have to check its condition though. You wanna buy? I should take a pica of it! Its black and red. But i think 250 isnt too bad for a sword!

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Newbie michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm... i don't have one but my grandpa has... ^^ it's really cool first time i saw it, though it's rusty now since it's soooo old... hehe... i think it's really worth buying one, it'd be tad cool owning a cool samurai sword just like what you've described... ^-^

"Deviously Revamped."

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    I have a samurai sword with a dull blade. I chase guests around the house with it to greet them! Lol. I have to check its condition though. You wanna buy? I should take a pica of it! Its black and red. But i think 250 isnt too bad for a sword!
    Thanks for the offer but I want the blue one I was talking about . I would like to see a picture of yours though . And I don't think I would mind being chased around with a dull sword that much , my twin and I would always fool around with the two mini swords he owns but we stopped after I almost cut his hand off.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by michiru726
    hmmm... i don't have one but my grandpa has... ^^ it's really cool first time i saw it, though it's rusty now since it's soooo old... hehe... i think it's really worth buying one, it'd be tad cool owning a cool samurai sword just like what you've described... ^-^
    Ya, I just want to have a piece of some Japanese old school history . Plus I'm a huge fan of Samurai Champloo so it's another way to increase my fanboyism. Thanks for your opinion.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 23, 2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been trained with one, but I don't own one. However, what a coincidence, just like Michiru's grandpa, my grandfather owns a real one, too. I wish it was a family heirloom kinda thing.

As to your last question, it's definitely worthy to have one!

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

I think my aunt has one. I'm not so sure though.

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow.....$250 dollars? That's a pretty good deal,
    I'd check the quality of it first just to make sure.
    Mine cost about $630 or so. But mine was made
    to be strong and withstand fencing, so it's a bit
    more expensive. If you just want one for show,
    that one should be fine, but a good one is usually
    more than that. There are some better than mine
    that are about $1,000. And that's a lot. I wasn't even
    willing to go that high. Lol
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Yes i also have a ornament type one looks great but is as dull as Jerry Springer show ...
    My friend has his eyes set on one serious one real and all but it will cost alot so i am not sure how he wants to get it he want to go to Japan and get it there from a real Japanese swordmaker.The deal is u go there stay at the okes place for a month and assist while he is making obviously stoking the fire....
    Sounds like that but i am not so sure but it is $10 000 for the whole trip and all that...

lol...Want one aswell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast