Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone know if...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anyone know if...

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Of course there is some exaggeration, (which is done in any entertainment media...), but some things are true... Such as students going to school 6 days out of the week (though Saturdays are usually limited to Clubs/Sports activities...) Such as Middle School lasting for grades 7-9, with 3 years of High School... And as an example, the Japanese Goverment only pays for a student's education only through Middle School. All educational institutions from High School and above are PRIVATE SCHOOLS, (which explains the paranoia over preparing for entrance exams in all school based anime series...) Competition for slots in the better schools is quite intense. In fact, there's a saying in Japan that the secret for getting a good Job is getting into the correct Kindergarden... (which leads to the correct elementry school, middle school, High School, College, etc)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow may be famous one day Nameless Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know what you are trying to get at here.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

What I'm trying to get at, is that alot of the background you see in Anime and Manga ARE TRUE!!!. You have to keep in mind that Anime and Manga are targeted for a Japanese audience. And cultural references that are common to a Japanese audience (but not to a western audience) will be left unexplained. (e.g. public bath houses, cultural festivals at schools, entrance exams for High Schools, Octopus stuffed pastries <tako-yaki>, etc. etc.)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    The girls skirts are freaking short, so short that you can see their panties. Ah i wish girls in USA high schools wore skirts like that.
    no cause then we'd be portrayed as sluts and thats not right

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

Newbie Haku-chan is off to a good start Haku-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

It's probably not that exagerated.....but pretty close

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Something's yes, they are and by a long shot. But somethings like the festivals and activities do happen and are just that crazy. But as for the hitting your teacher, just up and leaving class. No, you will get screwed over if you do.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haku-chan View Post
    It's probably not that exagerated.....but pretty close
    Please do not revive threads that have been dead for more than 2 weeks!

+Closing+

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2