Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Effective ways to learn Japanese?

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Effective ways to learn Japanese? Study abroad in Japan?

I wanna learn japanese, but in a way i wont get frustrated. Are college courses in japanese a good way to learn? Anyone have expierence with these classes. Anyone reccomend any methods of learining? Dude the other day ive gotta admit i was so envious of this chick that just walked into our lifeguard meeting speaking japanese, i was blown dude. I wanna learn so bad! Does it take long to learn?

Also id like to ask does anyone know anything about studying abroad especially having to do with Japan? Im very interested in this and would like to hear about your experiences in this program or knowledge of it, or helpfull tips. TankYu!
    Last edited by Rook; May 15, 2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Adding study abroad topic to thread

Newbie AngelAlex is off to a good start AngelAlex's Avatar
    Thanks
    I want too learn japanese
    i think some one can help us

there many peoples know japanese i think some one can help
    Last edited by Hassun; May 07, 2007 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Double Posting.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Effective ways to learn Japanese?

The most effective way to learn Japanese is moving to Japan and learning it there. Of course you need to have quite a bit of money for that.

The second most effective way is learning it in college and getting a master diploma.

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

I am currently learning japanese ... i learn by watching japanese versions and putting it on subtitles (awright this is gonna get confusing for me lol ^^6) I pay attention to the words they say and go back (when i hear the word repeated ) I write down the word i want, then i write down sentances that the characters, or theme songs were saying ... ^^ and that is how i figure it out ... it gets quite easy after a while ... ^^ (if this confuses anyone please pm me ... ^^;)
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The most effective way to learn Japanese is moving to Japan and learning it there. Of course you need to have quite a bit of money for that.
    I was thinking about this. But if you do not know japanese once you move there, how will you know anything about anything?

The second most effective way is learning it in college and getting a master diploma.
    I've thought of this as well. I'll take up Japanese once I'm in college. But until then, I'm on my own.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I was thinking about this. But if you do not know japanese once you move there, how will you know anything about anything?
    They have people who speak english there too that work for this type of teaching, they will be the ones teaching you. For money of course. Plus, some of the people know english as well, you could make friends and whatnot to get the hang of the place once there.

Plus foreign exchange students for you kids in HS. My friend went over for 4 months in his senior year of high school. A little expensive though if you have to pay for it because your parents won't, >.<.

I probably missed some stuff, so I leave it open for anyone to fill it in.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it is possible to go to Japan with no knowledge of the language, and come out speaking like a native. It's a about immursing yourself into the culture... it's very hard, but it is the most effective to learning any language. You become familiar with phrase and how people use them, and of course you can buy books and tapes both there and in the States to get all the grammatical stuff (>.< and there is a lot...)

as for learning in college, it all depends on how the school teaches and how good the professors are. From my expiriences, and found i learned Japanese better by learning the culture and stories of the people... that's how my Japanese 2 teacher taught, not by the book, but by the spirit of Japanese culture, and i find that much more informing...

our Japanese 2 teacher was very good and very helpful... but she taught by the book... by the letter, actually, and that was very disheartening for someone like me...

learning any language is hard, and you have to devote yourself to it in order to really learn anything...

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I find the Japanese culture very fascinating, and wish to go over there and learn Japanese. It is true what you said Abu, that you can immerse yourself into their culture and eventually catch on to how they speak. I think that's a very effective way of learning Japanese. But you have to have the commitment, patience, and money to do all of that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast