Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Effective ways to learn Japanese?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Effective ways to learn Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Yeah, I know. But it's like I said; teaching your self Japanes if much different than having a teacher. I've only gotten katakana down, just because it's easy to remember. I know a good chunk of hiragana, but not all. I never really taught myself how to write until about 4 years ago, so I'm still working on it.

I plan on taking an actuall class one of these days, and I want to go to Japan as well--I hear if you submerge yourself in the country's culture and people you learn the language faster.

The way I learn IS time consuming and it is kind of painstaking, but I don't think it's the WRONG way. I've learned alot over the last decade or so. And it could be worse. I could've used the time I spent studying on doing drugs instead, LOL.
    You're right, it's better than nothing.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cute little chi View Post
    my friend teaches me japanese somtimes so i don't really know what is a good way to learn it, cd player why you sleep i guess...i know numbers 1-7
    I did that with my iPod once. I fell asleep listening to Japanesepod 101. I suppose it worked a little. Not a whole lot, though. I wonder what will happen to someone who does something like that daily. It could work. They could catch on to phrases, or have certain words engraved in their heads from it being played over and over every night.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Nah, listening to stuff while you sleep doesn't really help. It just makes you... unable to have a good night's sleep. Really. When you wake up how much of what you heard in the night will you remember? Barely. =/

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I wanna learn japanese, but in a way i wont get frustrated. Are college courses in japanese a good way to learn? Anyone have expierence with these classes. Anyone reccomend any methods of learining? Dude the other day ive gotta admit i was so envious of this chick that just walked into our lifeguard meeting speaking japanese, i was blown dude. I wanna learn so bad! Does it take long to learn?
    Alrite I can help, but like (Blue-Rebel) mentions about sleeping and listening to what you cant understand may work but only temporary or amy last like I maybe until you finally understan, and may not give you a lot of help if you do not understand it may be easier to like ask her to help you on how to learn that always helps me to do better like I did learn before and now I haven't been practicing since I wanted to learn as well mine was like a year ago during the summer that I liked so much to learn so yeah try asking her to help you out without frustrations or simply just listen to others or maybe get movies, music as well to learn to get the hang of it. That is all I can tell you since i have done those methods and i did manage to learn not much but manage to know what it means like Irikatu. So really it may sound hard but is actually easy to do.

Newbie Arcuid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Me too, i wanna learn japanese, because when i grow up, i´ll go to Japan

Newbie rukiasoulreaper is off to a good start rukiasoulreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

The best effective way to learn japanese is to take a course/class. One of my friend's friend is doing just that and is progressing fast. But if there isn't a class nearby or don't want to spend money here are my best options: watch anime and somewhat understand the dialogue and/or get a japanese course book at ur nearest bookstore

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Very true. Take a class, preferably one that is taught by a Japanese teacher (who is also well-versed in English), or someone who has lived in Japan for long enough to know his/her way around the language & modern slang.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Very true. Take a class, preferably one that is taught by a Japanese teacher (who is also well-versed in English), or someone who has lived in Japan for long enough to know his/her way around the language & modern slang.
    Change that "well-versed in English" to "understandable in English" because many Japanese teachers aren't good at English. They can communicate and you understand them but that's about it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast