+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: English?

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: English?

You don't really need to know Japanese that well if you are in a major city. When I went to Japan, I decided I would ask people if the spoke English, and if they didn't then I would just talk to them in Japanese. However, that plan did not working, seeing as if the person didn't no English they'd say "Wait!" and run off to go find someone who did ^^;;
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese and spanish are 2 languages I'm definitely interested in learning. Oh the possibilities
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i always wanted to do but im stuk in french and irish (but i like irish tho) (hate french ) ^__^ but i dont really know what to do

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Im not exactly sure how well english is posted around Japan, but I see english written exywhere on the discovery channel and travel. In most toher countries, English is the language maditory to learn since most businesses and such are influenced by Americans. Signs usually have Japanese and English written at the bottom in smaller print.

But when it ocmes to getting around...it shouldnt be that difficult. The universal signs are posted everywhere to help out with that situation. Talkign to people though...well you are probably on your own on that one.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah its true Eng its sopost to be a international lenguage...and in Japan maybe 65% of the Ppl speaks Eng but if go to France just knowin Eng, yeah well ...u wont be that luck to find a good Eng's speaker ...

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Just the same, you can't expect people in US to speak Japanese well, can we? I won't say people of Japan are proficient in speaking English, but many can speak understandable English ~! Heh, now-a-days, many high school and college students are showing interest in learning English.

Lol. I don't admire Wasei Eigo [Japanized English], same goes for Sanskritized English.
    Last edited by kedar; Sep 08, 2006 at 08:17 PM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    i always wanted to do but im stuk in french and irish (but i like irish tho) (hate french ) ^__^ but i dont really know what to do

The Irish mainly speak the English language, however there are a few million that speak Gaelic, it is difficult compared to other languages so I understand. As for french, je parle la français mais c'est au sujet de Japonais. I think learning a foreign language really depends on if it is in your genetic code, I know it sounds silly but most people I know can either pick it up really easily (and thus speak many languages) or completely suck at it. Japanese are no different; you find those that speak it well and those that suck. I feel other countries do better with it but only because they spend more time at a younger age learning it. IMO.

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

english isn't reall ythat international it the same with others like spanish french and japenese, chinese. the must spoken lanuage is chinese actual and in america lots of peolpe speak spanish in the south west

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast