Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Japanese Food

Newbie megapanda1616 is off to a good start megapanda1616's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Japanese Food

Wow, i would love to visit New Jersey for vacation. Would be wonderful. Going to Japan is in my bucket list as well - one of my first list haha x i had mochi quite a lot whenever i went to korea - really yummy x manju is good too but if i have too much i get really thirsty
    MEGAPANDA1616

Newbie Vindice is off to a good start
    Thanks

That's the beauty of Japanese sweets; they're delicious but you can't really eat too much of them in one sitting. Their snacks are dangerous though: Pocky is pretty well known and we all know that's delicious. All of their chip flavors are awesome. Honestly though, the McDonalds there was incredible. I know most people wouldn't think to hit up McDonalds in Japan but they did it right. They had teriyaki burgers and way more fish sandwich varieties. The oils taste different but above all (at least when I was there) they had special promotion burgers named after US states.

The Texax burger had bacon and chili on the burger, the Miami burger was like a taco. They were all just awesome lol

Newbie RazorCraft is off to a good start RazorCraft's Avatar
    Thanks

Wowowow, Japanese McDonalds crushing the competition.

Also, @Missy, you're moving to NJ? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a nice place when you find a great group of people to call close friends, but I've never heard of NJ being on the top of anyone's list.

Actually, scratch that, my friend Cam is moving BACK to NJ from Ohio. He likes NJ better.

The Mitsuwa here is pretty huge; it's not just the supermarket, it's not just the food court, it's not just the beautiful view of the river, it's not just the numerous hobby shops in the same lot, but it's the experience you have when you go in a large group.

I'd like to go again some time soon and pick up the spice I'd need to make a good asian barbecue.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

The first thing I think of when I hear of someone moving to New Jersey is BEWARE OF GUIDOS!!! FIST PUMPIN AND FAGGY CLUB TECHNO WHEEEEEEE!!!!

*ahem* One Jap food i seem to be stuck on right now is miso soup. I can get it at the supermarkets here and I like to mix it with ramen noodles to make it less bland and boring. I cannot stand the pieces of bread in the soup packages though, so I pull them out.

I still love my sushi too. I ate at a sushi restaurant with my ex sometime ago and had something called the Godzilla roll and it was teh shiznit! So was the sake. I like my sake warm.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks

I can't eat seafood of any kind. I just-- like, the thought grosses me out, and since I was a kid, I've only been able to have pet fish; never a dog or cat or anything else, really, so I guess I've built up some internal safeguards to not eat fish, sushi included.

I realize there're other forms of sushi, too, but I probably wouldn't try it.

Ramen's pretty good too, but you've got to find the right kind. My favorite is the shin ramen, or whatever the name is-- y'know, the spicy kind.

I've also wanted to try sake for the longest time, but have never had the occasion to. They do sell some at the Mitsuwa up north, and my buddies and I wanted to buy a few varieties of it (that and the dragonball Z cans of squash juice with krillin on them, lmao), but we wound up getting stuff from the hobby shop instead.

Aw yeah.

Newbie megapanda1616 is off to a good start megapanda1616's Avatar
    Thanks

shin ramen is actually korean by the way. it is a korean make x but yeah i love shin ramen. there are other types of sushi - it doesn't necessarily have fish in it - such as tamago or just vegetables - but then again it wouldn't really be sushi haha. That can is cool by the way
    MEGAPANDA1616

Thanks

Yeah, I figured it was Korean (it was my ex-girlfriend who introduced me to it).

I usually enjoy spicy foods above other foods.

I probably would be a baby and not try it either way, haha.

Also, yeah, there're a few different cans with different characters, but we all chose the ones with Krillin.

yui
    Newbie yui is off to a good start yui's Avatar
    Thanks

i enjoy ramen more than anything else lol. but i want to try anko paste and dango! lol they look fun to make

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast