+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the first Japanese

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

the first Japanese

In america before the european settlers arrived there were the Native Americans such as Cherokee and Navajo. In mexico there were the olmec. Now my question is who were the first Japanese? Did they hunt with spears and arrows like the american indians? What were they like? Are there any left?

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the first Japanese

i thought they came from china and adapted to theyre own culture like americans came from great Britan

I am a sage....the light of elements

Newbie s_eya may be famous one day s_eya may be famous one day
    Thanks

I remember reading about them in a seventh grade Social Studies/History textbook... but I forgot who they were.

Newbie Kuroku may be famous one day Kuroku may be famous one day Kuroku's Avatar
    in a box off the coast of the Gulf Of Mexico
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage_Se'von
    i thought they came from china and adapted to theyre own culture like americans came from great Britan
    yeah that's what i thought too but then again...im not sure...
    pEoPlE...fEaR tHe uNkNoWn....mUa hA hA hA!!!

Newbie Asian_teen may be famous one day Asian_teen may be famous one day Asian_teen's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they came from China and they made their own written language based on the chinese charecter system and just made their own culture. I think.

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

The Japanese are widely believed to be the descendants of the Jomon Era peoples who migrated from southeast asia to the present-day islands of Japan when glaciation in 40,000 BCE connected the islands to the mainland. As geography changed, nomadic hunter-gatherer tribes swept across the primieval landscapes from the Korean penninsula and also what is now China, henceforth the Japanese will often claim lineage to the early settlers of Korea and China as well. These early paleolithic tribes would become the Yayoi and the Ainu. The Ainu settled in Hokkaido, and are the tribe from which the Emishi spawned, the people to which Ashitaka belongs in Hayao Miyazaki's Mononoke Hime.

Early Japanese People

Studio Ghibli's interpretation of an Emishi hunter (Ashitaka).

Like the native Americans (another theory is that the Native Americans are in fact also related somehow to the Jomon who may have crossed the land bridge and settled in America when it land bridge was not under the ocean), the early Japanese were presumably small, mobile hunter-gatherer societies. Eventually they began to make a cultural presence when they stayed in one area long enough to make the world's first known examples of pottery in the 14th millenium BC. By 1000 BC, the Japanese had already established a primitive rice-harvesting culture throughout a significant spread of Japan.

Hope that helped,

~Shigure

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Badlywornshoes (or is it shigure or shig for short). That was the most informative reply yet.

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoxdemon
    Thanks Badlywornshoes (or is it shigure or shig for short). That was the most informative reply yet.
    Trying to be helpful. ^_~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast