+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with a project

Newbie belovedXtragedy is off to a good start belovedXtragedy's Avatar
    Thanks

Post help with a project

i am a senior in high school and i was assigned to write a 10 page research paper on a genre or an author. i figured why not take this as an oppertunity to express my love of manga. so i was thinking that i should write my paper on manga! but my teacher says i have to write a proposal first. so i was wondering if you guys could help me out with that. it would be REALLY great!
    so if you guys have any suggestions about
    1. what makes it a genre ( though i think i have that down XD)
    2. history ( im looking into that and its intersting)
    3. why it would be a good topic for a reserch paper and why it is now considered a genre (major assistence is needed )

thanks for the help XD

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: help with a project

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I think your teacher is on to something here... Manga isn't a genre, its a media classification (e.g. Books, Newspaper, TV, Movies, Comic Books) Something more on the lines of a 'genre' would be something like 'Slice of Life', 'Boy Love', 'Sports', 'Romantic Comedy' or 'Horror' manga. The fact that over 60% of print publications in Japan are in the form of 'Manga' shows that this is more then a simple 'genre'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Your 3rd quarry there I can somewhat help you with. It would be a good topic because it's original, everyone else is probably doing their papers on just plain books. In manga you can read and see the action without thinking to hard about it. I don't know, I guess you could work off of that if you wanted.

Thanks

well i was thinking maybe if i did it on one author and did correlating themes within all her works that would work. i would be doing shojo as the 'genre'. i would have one author and one type of manga. i would be doing arina tanimura and how most of her works have a female heroine and how they always do what they can to fight for their love and what they believe in. about how girls group together to find their love or to just over come what ever difficulty they are facing.
    idk correlating themes and how it effects people and girls of today who read it.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Well for the first one, different countries have different styles. Foriegn books are considered a Genre and foriegn movies as well. So why can't manga be a genre.

It has a very long history that merits mentioning.

It is a good topic because it is an insight to a different nations people. No matter what that insight may be.

Thanks

thats what i was thinking and so far my teacher has bitten my thesis and my proposal arent due till january so im hoping maybe by then i will have everything straightened out and will be able to really get this project going! its half of our final so i need to do well.

thanks for all the help so far and your opinions and insights

+ Reply to Thread