+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How are gays/bi's/lesbians viewed as in Japan?

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking How are gays/bi's/lesbians viewed as in Japan?

Hey i was wonderin how bi's gays and lesbians were viewed in Japan. Ive seen alot of male Jrockers (mostly visual kei) that look like girls (very cute girls i might add) or are very feminine (looking/other) like miyavi, Alice Nine and more. So seeing this wats Japans view on homosexuality? Do they encourage it, discourage it, support, and stuff?

By the way i think the guys from alice nine are hot! Are there any other visual kei groups that anyone might wanna suggest? Tankyu!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: How are gays/bi's/lesbians viewed as in Japan?

What is it with all these Japanese threads? It's as if Japan isn't even viewed as a country, but a world outside of this Universe.

Anyhow, it is true. A lot of Jrock bands have gay members who like beautiful Japanese women. I have no clue how homosexuality is viewed in Japan. I'd love to find out.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The Japanese like cute and ambiguous things. That's why they make the males look like girls. (Just think of some RPG protagonists.)

Homosexuality has been completely accepted throughout Japanese history. Some samurai even claimed that the love between boys or men and boys is the purest of all. Women were seen as negative to those warriors. Maybe even the bringers of bad luck.

However, due to the western influence the Japanese have taken on a more negative approach to homosexuality.

What is it with all these Japanese threads? It's as if Japan isn't even viewed as a country, but a world outside of this Universe.
    This IS the Japanese Culture forum after all...

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    This IS the Japanese Culture forum after all...
    -_- I know, I know. I was just wondering why everyone continues to compare Japanese to the rest of the world.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    -_- I know, I know. I was just wondering why everyone continues to compare Japanese to the rest of the world.
    He/she isn't comparing it to the rest of the world per se.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Homosexuality isn't really a bad thing in Japan. I mean, gee, yaoi is a huge thing. Girls go crazy when they see their male idols getting it on with other men. And the same can probably be said for the guys too. Read: Homosexuality in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: How are gays/bi's/lesbians viewed as in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Homosexuality isn't really a bad thing in Japan. I mean, gee, yaoi is a huge thing. Girls go crazy when they see their male idols getting it on with other men. And the same can probably be said for the guys too. Read: Homosexuality in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wow really? they do? But wont they get mad because theyre gettin it on with other men? And are they really that open?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

See, the collective mind of the Japanese society is such a twisted one. On one hand, they're fairly open (a lot more so than most Asian countries, I'd say) about things like homosexuality; but they're so darned conservative they don't hug. I'll never understand them. And how am I supposed to know if the girls get mad or not? Questions like that are better off posed to actual Japanese youth. There'll probably be a bunch of them who get a little PO'ed, but I don't know. Maybe less so than if it were a girl, since you have less to be jealous about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast