+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: How hard is it to learn Japanese

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How hard is it to learn Japanese

Well, I'm came from Sweden and I think it easy to learn english, I don't know if I have good spelling on myself but english shouldn't be hard for everyone.
    Why are you going to school? School is there for you going to learned something and English class is there for learning grammar and spelling English, well here is it.
    I'm still taking Japanese Lesson on my swedish school here becuase I'm choose it on 2nd language.

Try to search on google for Kanji book becuase I'm too lazy to looking for you. If you have interesting to learned Japanese is shouldn't be hard to learned, but try your best on Kanjii don't remember all. :P

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Well, I'm came from Sweden and I think it easy to learn english
    Not to be offensive or anything, because you're perfectly understandable (which is what's the most important) and I don't know how long you've been studying English, but your grammar in that last post isn't exactly "textbook" ^^;

corrected: Well, I came/come from Sweden and I think it's easy to learn English.

One sentence: three errors.

Which would imply English isn't all that easy... even for you.

And to Ryoga: it's "hiragana", not "hirogana"... which would seem to imply that Japanese isn't so easy for you either ^^;

But again, I guess it depends on your standards. Nearly everything is "easy" in it's most basic and entertaining stages. It is easy to learn a few words and phrases/ topics/vocabulary you enjoy. As you continue to perfect any language, it gets more difficult.

Some people have an easier time aquiring languages than others. Those people are blessed... but I still think a majority of people claiming that languages are easy are those who haven't made much progress in actually LEARNING them. Dabbling is one thing: becoming communicative on a natural or professional level is another.

Thanks

I knew a lot in English but it doesn't mean I don't understand what it mean. That's what I mean about easy but I may be have problem with sentence. You only found 3 errors on my sentence so nothing wrong with that. :P

Newbie ilovenaruto is off to a good start ilovenaruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redragon495 View Post
    I was planning to learn JP but i was wondering how hard is it to learn
    Understanding what a person says
    Reading
    Writing
    and if I missed anything please tell me and tell me how hard it is to learn
    hey! i am also learning jp and i find it pretty easy. the kanji is like another alphabet with a little extra characters. besides, in japan most signs have the roman alphabet(a, b, c...) and speaking it is just like in spanish and other common languages because the vowels are pretty set(there are a few exceptions however.) writting and reading is the same as any language(a little difficult, such as in english for some people) and as for understanding what is said, it is like any other language with the slang and sayings that have a dif. meaning than shat is actually being said.
    ( by the way i find the Japanese For Dummies book very helpful in cultural situations)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenaruto View Post
    hey! i am also learning jp and i find it pretty easy. the kanji is like another alphabet with a little extra characters.
    Are you seriously saying this? I find it hard to believe... Very hard to believe.

Thanks

A language is never easy to learned expect those language you learn in school. Well, don't say Kanji is easy becuase I'm studying a lot and try hard to remember them.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenaruto View Post
    writting and reading is the same as any language and as for understanding what is said, it is like any other language with the slang and sayings that have a dif. meaning than shat is actually being said.
    i'd have to agree with this... i even have a difficult time learning alibata (our country's first alphabet before we adopted the modern "abc" format of writing), and it's our own alphabet back in the old times... haha!
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there's no debating that learning Japanese is difficult. To those who claim that there is some easy way, I'm just going to flat out label that wrong. The best thing to do is immerse yourself, but at the same time, you don't want to render yourself helpless. It would suck to be in dire need, in a place where you can't communicate with anyone. I've been studying Japanese for a while now, but even so I don't feel 100% confident to conduct a conversation with a native speaker. I would feel like those people who try to speak English, but everything just comes out like "Me want watch T.V." You get me. Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way, I would really benifit from having someone around me who I could actualy practice on. A real life reason to use the language. To all of those studying, I insit, find that person. It will totaly boost your progress.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast