+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: I wish to know about things that would be right and wrong to do in public in Japan.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I wish to know about things that would be right and wrong to do in public in Japa

^_^ i don't think it'd be bad manners, just very "western" in their opinion...

i know the first time i hugged my Japanese teacher, she was a little caught off guard since they're more reserved... but after a while, she became used to it and even offered to hug me! Kissing, i'm sure, is similar but that may be a little too close for comfort for some Japanese people...

Newbie Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I wish to know about things that would be right and wrong to do in public in Japa

Quote Originally Posted by Waremono View Post
    I heard from a freind that wearing a kimono, left side over the right is a symbol of death...is this true?
    I do believe that is the right way of wearing it. They dress corpses right on left.
    Dreams of snow falling softly in the dark-filled night,
    Dreams of wings and stars and endless light.
    I'd live a thousand years and wait a thousand more for you,
    I'd dream a thousand dreams and hope that dreams come true.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I also would like to know about food.
    What kind of food do i apselutly have to try when I'm in Japan, and what kind of food can i expect when I'm going to eat at someone home?

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard you aren't allowed to have your elbows on the table .. Well, i don't know if that is true, but that is what i have heard ^^;; although you shouldn't have your elbows on the table anyways ... lol ...^^
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic_gurl_1027 View Post
    I heard you aren't allowed to have your elbows on the table .. Well, i don't know if that is true, but that is what i have heard ^^;; although you shouldn't have your elbows on the table anyways ... lol ...^^
    That is actually also a Western custom.

Quote Originally Posted by gigi2005 View Post
    I also would like to know about food.
    What kind of food do i apselutly have to try when I'm in Japan, and what kind of food can i expect when I'm going to eat at someone home?
    That depends on the area you are. Local specialties are what you need to check out.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

this is one thing i know.NEVER and imean NEVER correct someones mistackes they find that very,very rude.

Otaku Waremono is off to a good start Waremono's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the japanese eat chicken, pork, beef, etc. I don't think there is anything that they eat that we don't eat, besides sushi and sashimi.
    If your happy and you know it make a kitty!!! =^_^= <Meow!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waremono View Post
    I think the japanese eat chicken, pork, beef, etc. I don't think there is anything that they eat that we don't eat, besides sushi and sashimi.
    I am not sure, but aren't there Japanese delecacies involve some meats or animals that are considered taboo in the Western countries?

I don't know if it is like Korea and Gaegogi(Dog meat), but since history has shown us that Japan has been a major influence on Korean culture, couldn't that be vice versa as well?

Puffer fish..is that one? I have seen it served in Japanese restraunts but I don't know if they do the same in America.

By the way, sushi and sashimi are very big in America. You can find a sushi bar almost anywhere nowadays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast