Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Jap" and why you shouldn't use it

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

"Jap" and why you shouldn't use it

"Jap" is not an acceptable abbreviation for "Japan" or "Japanese". It is a racial slur that can be extremely hurtful to many. Please don't use it.

Spell out "Japanese" or use an alternate abbreviation: "jpn" and "jpns" are both common and acceptable.

About the slur:
    Jap - Wiktionary
    Jap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Anti-Japanese Propaganda
    Racist Propaganda

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: "Jap" and why you shouldn't use it

Your right that word is very offensive, I don't see why people have to say it either, it only takes like .5 seconds more to say japan, or japanese.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

wow...I seriously had no clue..not that i ever used that word...
    thanks for the info tsurara!!
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

The first place I heard this term being used was the military. They use this among hundreds of other racial slurs. Its common to use it actually. Its not that the military is racist they just see everyone as inferior. Ok maybe they are racist...

Good thing I'm done.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    The first place I heard this term being used was the military. They use this among hundreds of other racial slurs. Its common to use it actually. Its not that the military is racist they just see everyone as inferior. Ok maybe they are racist...

Good thing I'm done.
    You have to understand that soldiers aren't trained to love their fellow man. Killing is a whole lot easier when you dislike or even hate the person you kill.
    (Yet it's the easiest when you consider someone less than human, which is the reason that a lot of propaganda shows the enemy as inhuman creatures.)

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Im sorry i used it but didnt know k i thought it would be okay but i wont do it anymore okay so you dont have to worry about me anymore.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't know that there were people here unaware of the slur's offensive and derogatory nature. To need such a sticky on this forum... Oh well. Another assumation gone wrong. The sticky's useful, anyway.

Christ, how many different Tokio Kid poster designs are there?
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Newbie MechaShadowV2 is off to a good start MechaShadowV2's Avatar
    Thanks

ah, i'm so glad someone posted this info, i am so sick of hearing and seeing that word, hopefully this will lower its use around here, at least with the people who care.
    What do you want to do?
    A.) Scold her?
    B.) Kill her?
    C.) Put it in?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast