+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Bands coming to America

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese Bands coming to America

I really don't see the point. Unless they go to Hawaii or San Francisco or something it's a waste of time. I would kill their agent for sending them to Texas.
    YouTube - High and Mighty Color - Maki in Houston

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Bands coming to America

I can't see the video, but japanese bands are coming to America? That's hot! Good for them! I give them kudos. I've never heard of them, though. And they're going to be in texas? Well.. they should tour around America instead of going to one state. They'll make more buisness that way.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Mar 23, 2007 at 05:51 PM.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

For a non American band or singer to break true in America is very difficult, there are many bands and singers how are world famous but practicly unown i America.
    I don,t now the reason for this but it seems like they like there own bands and singers more, this proberly has to do whit pride or patrioism.
    And there are a lot of bands and singers that are trying to break true in America but have faled, a good exemple of this is Robbie Williams how has been trying to break true.
    there are also a few bands how have been trying to break true but after they faled they just stopt whit there sing career, and in most cases it seems like a whast of money and time to try and break true in Amerika.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, look - lots of Japanese singers and bands have never really ventured beyond East Asia but are still fairly popular in other countries. Girugamesh could easily get a full house if they went to, say, Cali.

I'm sure they have their reasons for not touring all over America. For one - they'll only be well-known in certain areas. Two, it's a difficult and tiring job - and not all of them speak good English.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

For a non American band or singer to break true in America is very difficult, there are many bands and singers how are world famous but practicly unown i America.
    I agree. But the 5,6,7,8's are pretty hot. I love them. I found out about them through the movie Kill Bill. So it is hard, but it is possible as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Well, look - lots of Japanese singers and bands have never really ventured beyond East Asia but are still fairly popular in other countries. Girugamesh could easily get a full house if they went to, say, Cali.

I'm sure they have their reasons for not touring all over America. For one - they'll only be well-known in certain areas. Two, it's a difficult and tiring job - and not all of them speak good English.
    Japanese bands are pretty much unown in the Western World, not only in the US.
    And to be honest i don,t now any Japanese band or singer and i have never heard one on the radio nor seen one on tv.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

You'd be surprised. Japanese bands certainly are less popular than US bands, but don't assume that just because you and your friends don't know much about Japanese bands, other Americans don't. And as for the telly - I think the bands featured on MTV depend on what region you're in. If you're in America it's pretty obvious you'd get American bands on MTV. And a smattering of UK ones, maybe. But MTV Asia has a larger variety.

But yeah whatever, I'm going to contradict myself again by agreeing with you. I reckon it's just the funny clothes. Maybe if they stopped wearing their funny clothes...

And maybe if Japan were a bigger country... maybe if JRockers sang in English... maybe, maybe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    You'd be surprised. Japanese bands certainly are less popular than US bands, but don't assume that just because you and your friends don't know much about Japanese bands, other Americans don't. And as for the telly - I think the bands featured on MTV depend on what region you're in. If you're in America it's pretty obvious you'd get American bands on MTV. And a smattering of UK ones, maybe. But MTV Asia has a larger variety.

But yeah whatever, I'm going to contradict myself again by agreeing with you. I reckon it's just the funny clothes. Maybe if they stopped wearing their funny clothes...

And maybe if Japan were a bigger country... maybe if JRockers sang in English... maybe, maybe.
    I said pretty much unown, so i wasn,t refering to evryone ofcourse there are some people how now some Japanese bands and singers.
    Also i wasn,t just talking about the US i whas talking about the Western World and in the second sentence i whas reffering to Europe not the US( sorry for not saying it clear).
    And about the Japanese bands and singers them selfs i don,t think there clothes have somthing to do whit it i think its mainly becose of the radio and tv stations that Japanese bands aren,t popular here.

PS, Blue_rebel i am not American i'm Dutch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast