+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Japanese Bands coming to America

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Bands coming to America

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    For all you know they could have asked to go to Texas.
    Very true, I had absolutely no clue they even came to America. I just wish I had known "before" they arrived. All I can do now is just hope they can come to the west coast so I can go!

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Bands coming to America

Quote Originally Posted by mahiru View Post
    As far as I know, though, you can't easily get MTV Asia in America... There is AZN TV, and they occasionally have segments with MVs and such, but... it's still not the same.

There was in article in the New York Times a few weeks (months? I dunno) ago about how, in America, a lot of Asian or Asian-American singers aren't popular. If I remember right, they said it was because of the "Asian nerd" stereotype and such that prevents people from seeing them as a good "pop" or "rock" type =/
    Gosh, seeing that it's America, I'd think that there'd at least be MTV Asia on cable. Maybe you just have to subscribe to it.

I'm not sure I understand the "Asian nerd" branding... but I suppose if you listen to American bands and Japanese bands, you can tell that they are quite different (apart from the fact that they sing in different languages). They have very different sounds... and their singers sound VERY different. I mean, how do you compare, say, Naitomea to Nickelback?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Shodokan didn't tell us, but maybe they were heading toward a metropolitan city. Overall, it's up to the band. They must have believed there is enough buzz to generate revenue before they went there. Also, they were probably assured they won't get gunned down.
    Maybe they just wanted to generate a buzz in a smaller town... leading up to a greater cumulative buzz after visiting other small towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    Very true, I had absolutely no clue they even came to America. I just wish I had known "before" they arrived. All I can do now is just hope they can come to the west coast so I can go!
    I'm pretty sure they will.

You know, if you really want them to come you should drop them a line or something. Go to the band's site and leave a message. You never know - that might be the one deciding factor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3