+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japanese Calendars

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese Calendars

Any suggestion with this issue will be appreciated.

I usually go to the KinoKuniya Bookstore in my area to get my calendars, but this year with school and work I haven't really had the time to go and pick one up. I have read somewhere before that in the Japanese culture that they would stop selling the next year's calendar after a certain date or how many months before.

And I have experienced that before, I remember a few years back that I decided against buying one knowing that the following week that I'll go to the bookstore again. A week later and boom that booth is gone.

I know that I can order it online, but at the same time the few sites that I usually shop with I know they pump up the price like gasoline. So I was wondering if anyone can provide me with some good online stores w/ reasonable prices, and for those of you residing in Japan to see if it's reasonable to just have someone buy it for me there and ship it instead of going through an American store.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Calendars

Amazon.co.jp

why?

-They will take major American credit cards.
    -They always charge actual retail price with no markup (if anything, minus a bit).
    -They charge for shipping AT COST (meaning they will not gouge you or charge you importing fees... the price you pay for shipping is what it actually costs to ship).
    -EVERYTHING you buy there (with the exception of the marketplace sellers) is guaranteed to be legit and NEW. All your money goes directly to the folks who made it... not idjits who are reselling 3rd hand stuff to you for 100% markup.
    -they have virtually everything currently in print in Japan (I've never NOT been able to find something there... ocaisionally it's out of print... but the listing still exists and will tell you as much in those cases).

It's the only site I recommend to people looking to import things from Japan... since most other legit sites won't deal internationally and most of those who will are total crooks looking to exploit people who don't know any better.

The only disadvantage is that very little of the site is in English (though all of the order forms and search categories can be seen in translation)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Wait are you looking for our type of calenders but from Japan or do you mean Nengō calenders?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Wait are you looking for our type of calenders but from Japan or do you mean Nengō calenders?
    No no not our type of calendar, but what's Nengo??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread