+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Japanese FOOD!!!

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese FOOD!!!

Hello AO members,

Ok ok my knowledge in food sucks. because when I travel or go anywhere I will eat anything in front of me as long as it doesn't have meat and it's not too gross. Probably not the best thing to do. But recently I've realized my knowledge of Japanes food sucks! >.< So I put this thread up so everyone can benefit from this.... right... the topic of this matter... Write down food that you recommend or diffrent foods that you know that are good. Or some Japanese food names and what they are. Ok, thankies!
    Last edited by AnimeGeek; Oct 04, 2006 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Forgot intro

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly speaking, I haven't tried a lot of Japanese food before. I've been to a few Japanese restaurants, and I really like the food, but I just can't bring myself to eat what I think is fish eggs. *turns green* Just watching my dad eat it gives me the chills.

Sushi is what I'd recommend - but there are many different types of sushi, and I haven't tried them all yet. I really like the salmon and avacado ones though. ^_^

There are a number of Japanese dishes served with rice, but I've only tried a few of them. I can't even remember the names of them, but they were meat, so I guess you wouldn't be interested lol. There are also a lot of different types of noodles, but I've never tried any of them before lol. XD

Actually, now that I think about it, the Japanese have a wide variety of foods. It's best if someone who lives in Japan gave us their opinion lol.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    What, why??? Fish roe is the best!

Oh, gyutan rocks. But surprisingly very few of my friends have eaten it before. Maybe it's because you have to go to the more upscale restaurants to get it. Gyutan is grilled beef tongue, by the way. It sounds disgusting but it really is very yummy.

Newbie Avenara may be famous one day Avenara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oddly enough, I don't think I've liked much of the sushi I've tried, but perhaps I've just tried the wrong kinds? Hm...bears some thought. Anyone have any suggestions on what might not taste STRONGLY of fish?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just what I said, gyutan. And beef curry. Not at all fishy, and mmmm-mmmm tasty.

Does anyone here prefer soba to udon? Most people I know prefer udon (probably because it's USUALLY not cold) but I've always been partial to soba... >__>
    Last edited by blue_rebel; Oct 05, 2006 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    So what's Soba and Udon then? I'm not sure if I'd like something with too much curry...hmmm...

Thanks
    Hahah. You don't have to worry. Japanese curry is NOT at all spicy. I remember how shocked my host family was when I piled my pizza with chilli flakes. They just couldn't understand how I could take all that chilli.

Udon are thick noodles made from wheat flour, and soba are thin noodles made from buckwheat. You can have them hot or cold. The Japanese restaurants in Malaysia usually serve udon hot and soba cold. *shrugs* You can have them in bonito-flavoured soup (hot) or plain, on a wooden sort of "basket" or bamboo tray with a separate dip (cold).

Thanks
    Those actually sound pretty good...I'm such a big fan of noodles. Are the dishes JUST noodles or are there other things in there like meat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast