+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Japanese FOOD!!!

Newbie pikapika28 may be famous one day pikapika28 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Japanese food is good, much more healthier than chinese food.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Avenara : It's the same with all noodle dishes - you can have them plain or with stuff on them - aburaage (deep-fried tofu slices), tenpura, raw egg, nishin (herring, I think?), etc.

pikapika : Well, I wouldn't call tenpura healthy... but yeah, Japanese food is generally pretty healthy. Definitely less oily than Chinese food.

Oh, for roe-lovers out there, if you haven't yet tried ikura donburi (salmon roe on rice), you MUST try it. It's soooooooooo yummy.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmmm whats the best Japanese dish??? O.o I wouldn't mind eating some new Japanese food.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks
    The best are Tempura And Beef Teriyaki. Both meat but is so yummy!! ^_^
    Smileys + Me =

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm sorry but I've had both and like them both lol.. do you know more?

THE RULES!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can't settle on a best dish because I'm the kind of person who eats almost anything. Teriyaki and beef curry? I'm not a teriyaki fan. And I think ikura donburi is better than both.

Oh. Gomoku gohan and gomoku ramen rock! XD You probably won't have heard of either unless you've been to Japan. I got to eat loads of gomoku gohan @ my host family's place. With plenty of chikuwa. Yummmyyy. I had a pretty bad encounter with the osechi ryouri, though. +__+ I thought everything in the jubako looked super delicious, but I couldn't bring myself to eat half the stuff in it. I had to leave out the konbumaki and the kurikinton (TOO SWEET!!! >_<)

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel
    Does anyone here prefer soba to udon? Most people I know prefer udon (probably because it's USUALLY not cold) but I've always been partial to soba... >__>
    Oh, I do ^.^ We had some at our New Years eve party last year and I found I liked it alot more than I thought I would ^_^; (As well as daikon radish once I got use to the smell ^^00)

Aside from the snack food, I haven't had a chance to try alot of Japanese foods. I've had several kinds of sushi (We have so many different kinds here ^_^), and right now inarizushi is probably my fave ~_~ Hm, I've had both soba and udon, udon being at the aki matsuri 2 years ago along with soumen and another dish that I can't remember right now @_@... Um, I've also had mochi, chicken curry(that's good... it kind of reminds of the Jamaican curry my mum's friend makes ^-^),... oh, of course ramen, teriyaki, and yakitori... and that's all I can recall right now

Oh yeah, some random kind of food-related thought just came up in my mind ^^; This past Monday in Anthropology about umami the fifth taste, and I thought it was interesting because in all my years in science that's only appeared like twice (counting this time ^_^0).
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Oct 06, 2006 at 10:35 AM.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Thanks
    Lol gah have I eaten every Japanese meal... because everything you said I ate O.o ~ I've lived in Japan lol

THE RULES!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast