+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Japanese FOOD!!!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Takoyaki is not takoyaki unless you eat it in Japan, right outside a temple! XD Hahahah. Really. I used to think the takoyaki was pretty good, but after trying the REAL stuff I was like, "Takoyaki from back home doesn't taste like this!!!" But the takoyaki you get in Malaysia are a lot bigger. That's the only up-side.

Lil : Yay, you like soba too! Oh, I'm more of a nigirizushi person. Raw fish all the way, whee! I like oshizushi too, probably only because it's bigger than the regular makizushi. Once my host mom made norimaki (with kobanamaki and some extras) for my bento, and at school everyone found it really amusing that I'd brought norimaki, I mean, since it's "special food". ^^;;

Violent : You've eaten osechi-ryori OUTSIDE of Japan?

Sushi-ya here are so stingy. If you're eating tuna the best you get is usually chutoro, never ootoro, even at the more upscale places. Gahhhh. And it's so hard to find good chawanmushi.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks
    @Violent: If you've already eaten everything, why are you looking for more? There's more food in this world besides the Japanese...

Anyway!

The pastires they have are very delicious! imagine a fried bun filled with curry! yummy yum yum! there's also a wide variety of sweet breads and cakes! with chocolate and fresh fruit and all the awesome fixes! The Japanese makes awesome cream puffs! it feels like a crunchy cloud from Heaven that dropped in your hand to bless you!

^_^ the place that makes them the best is Beard Papa! They're big in Japan [supposedly] and they're trying to branch out in America [one location is in Torrance, California]

^o^ Meiji Chocolate Co. also makes amazing chocolate! the pure, sweet kind that melts in your mouth! avaiable in dark, milk and white! they sell huge bars the size of you forearm! no jokking!!!

(that's a neck rest! awesome!)

And there's also Calorie Mate!

(it's shortbread cookies pack with all the calories, vitamins, mutrients and sustinance you need for a day! Popular with Geisha to keep their figure... and if you're Naked Snake!)

OH! ^_^ Okonomiyaki is also very good!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    CalorieMate is super popular with CanCam models/readers. It's in every issue.

Meiji chocolate's good, but NOTHING beats Pocky and Pretz. Glico all the way! Whoohoo. OMG yes, Beard Papa has the most awesome cream puffs. There's an outlet near my place, and my dad goes once every two weeks to buy cream puffs. Before Beard Papa came about I'd never before seen such massive cream puffs. o.O;;

It's true, the Japanese make really yummy snacks, but they're SUPER SWEET. Accchhhhh. You know daifuku mochi? Two big ones can put me on a sugar high for a day. +__+

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

the first time i met Soshi's Brother and his Girlfriend...

i tried Sakura Mochi...

i couldn't hanlde it...

ran behind a wall...

and threw it all up...

^_^ but Soshi comforted me, he said he didn't like it either and only pretended too. i took such a big bite too impress his family so they would think i'm cool and good for Soshi... didn't quite work out...

Thanks
    LoL. It's not that bad. The paste is really yummy. But like I said, I can't take too much of it. Spoils my appetite for anything else. +__+ But Pretz was one of those snacks I could just go on eating and eating and eating...

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmmm now Pretz I never heard of O_o what kind of snack is it

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks
    Strange. I'd have expected you to have tried Pretz and not osechi-ryouri. >_>

It's a biscuit stick like Pocky, except that it isn't covered in chocolate. It's just... well, flavoured biscuit sticks. I love the cheese-flavoured ones. There is another snack that's similar to Pretz, but the sticks are shorter and MUCH fatter, and they come in "cups" that look like instant noodle cups. Those are absolutely divine - I ate loads when I was in Nagoya, but I can't for the life of me remember what they're called, or what company manufactured them. Help me out, someone!! X(

Otaku tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey may be famous one day tupacs_wifey's Avatar
    Thanks

i love pocky sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

HolderOfThe
    DarkChalice's LiL sis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast