Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Food

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love ramen its my fav i think japenese have some of the best foods in the world i mean its very good for you and really good what could be better.
    Assuming most of the ramen you eat is of the instant variety: you couldn't possibly be more wrong. Check out the sodium content on the back of your next ramen purchase. Instant ramen consumption (along with a diet high in instant soups, soy sauce and salt-cured/treated meats) is one of the reasons that the Japanese have the highest rate of stomach cancer in the world. (stomach cancer is one of the leading causes of death in Japanese).

Instant ramen is about as junky as junk food gets.

While some instant ramen companies claim that the acids in their soups are good for your health and actually PREVENT cancer, they're overlooking the face that a cup of instant ramen is like swallowing a giant block of chemically-processed salt.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Food

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Assuming most of the ramen you eat is of the instant variety: you couldn't possibly be more wrong. Check out the sodium content on the back of your next ramen purchase. Instant ramen consumption (along with a diet high in instant soups, soy sauce and salt-cured/treated meats) is one of the reasons that the Japanese have the highest rate of stomach cancer in the world. (stomach cancer is one of the leading causes of death in Japanese).

Instant ramen is about as junky as junk food gets.

While some instant ramen companies claim that the acids in their soups are good for your health and actually PREVENT cancer, they're overlooking the face that a cup of instant ramen is like swallowing a giant block of chemically-processed salt.
    Mmmm, chemically-processed salt...

Newbie japanheavenguy may be famous one day japanheavenguy may be famous one day japanheavenguy's Avatar
    Thanks

MSG(chemical, not message) a lot, right???????

anyway, what's about teppanyaki? does it really originated from japan????

Newbie driftakira is off to a good start
    Thanks

i love karage esp with mayonnaise. Japanese friend chicken has that nice ginger taste to it

Newbie ryoprinceoftheunderworld is off to a good start ryoprinceoftheunderworld's Avatar
    Thanks

ramen, and sushi are the best in my books. i mean i eat a lot of japanese food, but one day i will go to Japan and have it there other then here in california
    I'm the prince of the Underwold alright.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re whoever said something about liking okonomiyaki.

Kinda subjective, really, because it's always made a different way each time (hence its name, okonomi-yaki - "whatever you like, cooked" is its direct translation; "konomi" means "interest" or "liking", and is written using the character for "suki"). My host mom used to throw pieces of bittergourd into hers - some people find that absolutely foul, but I love it.

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khanio View Post
    Well, I really like Okinomiyaki... I think it's really nice.

So is Raman... japanese noodles... I really like it.
    when i ate the Okinomiyaki, my mom told us (my sister and me) she has a surprise for us in the lunch. when i saw the okinomiyaki i said mom whats this, its a pancake, i dont want it!!! ... then my mother told its not a pancake. i couldnt believe it.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Re whoever said something about liking okonomiyaki.

Kinda subjective, really, because it's always made a different way each time .
    no more subjective than saying "I like pizza" or "I like dumplings".

And while a few of the contents may change, the "way" it's prepared is always more or less the same.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast