Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Food

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Food

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked_Ninja View Post
    Have a fave Japanese dish???
    let me know about it, i wanna know more about the foods the have there
    I was watching on the Travel Channel about other asian countries and their exclusive and unique dishes ^__^
    Nothing beats your traditional onigiri. Simple. Can be used in any situation (Bento box, fancy meal for your girlfriend, whatever). Can be made to taste like almost anything (umeboshi, miso, mentaiko, etc. or plain). It's perfect.

But for a good snack, turn to POCKY!!!!!!!!!!!! Any flavour of pocky is great: vanilla, chocolate, green tea . . . They're all delicious!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    POCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or more accurately: Shit dipped compressed sawdust.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Or more accurately: Shit dipped compressed sawdust.
    O_O'' How can you say that about pocky? The very mention of pocky makes me smile . . . When was the first time you had it? Were you in a sour mood at the time?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    O_O'' How can you say that about pocky? The very mention of pocky makes me smile . . . When was the first time you had it? Were you in a sour mood at the time?
    I think Hassun's description is one of the most accurate I've ever read. I'm curious to hear his thoughts on fruit-flavored Pretz ~ one of the only snacks that doesn't involve dead animals or seaweed and still makes me retch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I think Hassun's description is one of the most accurate I've ever read. I'm curious to hear his thoughts on fruit-flavored Pretz ~ one of the only snacks that doesn't involve dead animals or seaweed and still makes me retch.
    I'll stick to "Vomit dipped compressed sawdust" for the other disgusting 'flavours'. Especially the ones with those little chunks on them.

E.g.

Give your friend some pocky if you want to get rid of them forever:

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know much about Japanese food so correct me if I'm wrong. I havent eaten any real dishes but I've become a big fan of Pocky in a short time. I don't think I really need to explain what Pocky is it should be common knowledge.

Opps srry about this guys I accidently double posted.My bad won't happen again.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 03, 2007 at 09:49 AM.

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Japanese Food

I have been living in Fussa (near Tachikawa..fyi), Tokyo Japan, going on two years now and I could tell you one thing....I will NEVER eat Japanese food ever again in the states. I went home to visit and thought that I would try it and it was just different then Japan. I don't really know how to explain the difference you, I could just tell. My suggestion would be go to Japan and if you do, here is a few things that is a must!

First off - Gyoza: Chinese ravioli-dumplings (potstickers), usually filled with pork and vegetables and pan-fried. (note: it could also be deep fried as well...both are good)

Second is -CURRY- (not Indian curry because that's nothing like they have here) but there is a very famous resturant called CoCo Ichiban. It's a thicker sauce then Indian curry if you ever had that.

Third would be - Tampura- deep-fried vegetables or seafood in a light, distinctive batter.

There is many more that I could mention but the last would have to be Nikumon...now that is something that is hard I think to find in the states. If you ever have the chance to try one....IT'S A MUST!!! It's a fluffy pork/beef/bean filled dumpling. I would suggest the Beef...I think it's the best.

I hope that I helped in some way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga_TheLost View Post
    I have been living in Fussa (near Tachikawa..fyi), Tokyo Japan, going on two years now and I could tell you one thing....I will NEVER eat Japanese food ever again in the states. I went home to visit and thought that I would try it and it was just different then Japan. I don't really know how to explain the difference you, I could just tell. My suggestion would be go to Japan and if you do, here is a few things that is a must!

First off - Gyoza: Chinese ravioli-dumplings (potstickers), usually filled with pork and vegetables and pan-fried. (note: it could also be deep fried as well...both are good)

Second is -CURRY- (not Indian curry because that's nothing like they have here) but there is a very famous resturant called CoCo Ichiban. It's a thicker sauce then Indian curry if you ever had that.

Third would be - Tampura- deep-fried vegetables or seafood in a light, distinctive batter.

There is many more that I could mention but the last would have to be Nikumon...now that is something that is hard I think to find in the states. If you ever have the chance to try one....IT'S A MUST!!! It's a fluffy pork/beef/bean filled dumpling. I would suggest the Beef...I think it's the best.

I hope that I helped in some way.
    CoCo Ichiban is awesome, which spice level do you usually order?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast