Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Food anyone?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool

I'm have a slight obsession with Japanese foods. Like how I eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. But my favorite is Teriyaki anything. Anyone else have a love for the food of the land I love?

Oh and I totally forgot that I DO NOT eat wasabi. I know people love it but not me. I don't do so well with the spicy foods. I'll eat em but they are most definitly not my favorite ya' know. Anything else is cool though (>_<)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 11, 2006 at 02:39 PM.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Food anyone?

That's strange, I could've sworn there was another Japanese food thread lying around. Oh well. I like Japanese food, but I don't eat it all the time... if I did I'd probably get bored of it because it would seem common to me. I'm not a great fan of teriyaki dishes, but I do love ikura donburi. Here, at home, I don't eat much rice but with ikura, ANYTHING tastes good. Ohhhhh. I'm a sucker for gyuutan as well.

There is hardly a spicy Japanese dish around anyway. +__+ The only problem with Japanese food is that it is NOTHING like Chinese food. It lacks chili, and often it is too sweet or too sour or... some other extreme. Take the osechi-ryouri for example. I couldn't eat half of it. My host mom had to make me yakisoba instead... but right after that she gave me anko. I was like, gosh, how do these people NOT get diabetes??? (okay, maybe they do, I don't know)

Wasabi is all right, just in tiny amounts - not enough for it to go up my nose. It does open the eyes a bit.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

The other thread lapsed.

I love Japanese food for it's emphasis on the natural flavors of things. My favorite would have to be Niku-jaga (beef stew). Yes, a beef stew, but it beats all other beef stews IMO.

My kids love making onigiri. We have home made temaki-zushi for a treat when I'm up to it. Nigiri however I leave to sushi chefs.

Now I just need to learn how to make quick pickles.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Last night I had a chance to try out what my friend called Japanese pancake, because had was lacking a better term to describe it. It was called okonsomething something, and it was made with egg, beef, squid and a lot of other ingredients along with this great sauce on top.

It could be the same dish that chracter from Ranma makes...not sure.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you mean Okonomiyaki?

Okonomiyaki--The Japanese Pancake?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Do you mean Okonomiyaki?

Okonomiyaki--The Japanese Pancake?
    Yes, that is it. That was what I meant. It just that I don't remember the name that's all.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Okonomiyaki!!! XD Literally translated, it means "fried whatever-you-like". I like lots and lots of ham in mine. My host family used to make it for me almost everyday after they found out I liked it. Hahahah.

Ooooh, gomoku gohan and gomoku ramen are really nice too.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

>.> this is off subject, but i once dared my nine-year old niece to eat the whole dab of wasabi on the sushi plate for five bucks... she put it in her mouth and started to cry becuz it was so hot...

The Japanese waitress took much pitty on her.... i still gave her the five bucks...

^o^ heehee! it was so worth it.

Anyway! Udon and Curry are my favorite Japanese dishes... >.> even though Curry isn't really a Japanese dish, but they sure do love it! Okonomiyaki is pretty good, though i've only had it one time... I'm also a big of tempura! i just love them fried veggies!

>.> i don't like sushi... or sashimi... at all...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast