Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Food anyone?

Otaku Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Food anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Well, according to their site they have a store in KINGMAN, LAKE HAVASU CITY, FORT MOHAVE, BULLHEAD CITY, & HENDERSON.

But you could probably find it for less at an Asian Market.

Now if any of you are serious about learning to cook Japanese cuisine I would highly recomend The Japanese Kitchen by Hiroko Shimbo. She teaches cooking classes in Japan to non-Japanese so she knows how to explain things in a way that can be understood.
    I'm writing that one down, sounds good. Thanks so much for the info. I'm not close to any of those cities.. ^_^ Thank you for looking though, that's very sweet of you. I went to my asian store today, didn't find it. There's plenty of other asian stores in the area as well. Plus we have a Japanese Festival coming, so maybe one of the booths will have it..*crosses fingers*

@ blue_rebel - thanks for reminding me about festivals. I woulda never thought of it until the day of. ^_^ Shows how absentminded I can be. ^_^

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the link, Arrianna! Sounds like a great book. Will seriously consider ordering it... if my dad lets me use his card.

Have fun at the Festival! Yeah, they're the best places to get Japanese food. Most of the Japanese food sold in supermarkets here are made by non-Japanese, so they tend not to taste as good (lack of authenticity? I don't know). The food at food fairs are almost always made by Japanese chefs, so they taste... better, IMO. I can't wait for the next food fair - I'm seriously craving takoyaki. With LOTS of bonito flakes.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

The only Japanese food I've ever had was sushi. I couldn't really taste the raw eel. I guess that's because I'm used to eating seafood.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Not bad. Most people I know who tried raw eel either got an upset stomach after that or spat out the stuff almost immediately. It's best to get it pre-cooked, just in case. Most restaurants serve grilled eel (in fact, I only know of one that actually serves eel raw in Malaysia)... and that's how I like it best. Raw maguro (tuna) and sake (salmon) are yummy, but unagi... ummmm, well. I'd rather have it grilled any time.

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

The only Japanese dish I've really tried is Sushi, and you know, I'm starting to love it! It's really tasty, especially albacore, mmm!

Otaku Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried the eel sushi for the first time at a buffet...It was so good! of course I couldn't resist and had to get more. I love buffets!

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

What is the best thing to start whit becose i have never eaten any japanese food, bud i like to try it.

Thanks

The safest would probably be tenpura, since it doesn't exactly have anything weird in it. It's basically deep-fried battered prawn/brinjal/fish (ingredients may differ with different places), and you dip in it tentsuyu sauce (you don't have to, but it brings out the taste). Super yummy, but not that healthy because it's deep fried. After that you can move on to ramen, which isn't nasty as well.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast