Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Food anyone?

Newbie Yokama may be famous one day Yokama may be famous one day Yokama's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Food anyone?

i love japanese food i have not had it in a long time but i love it!!!!!!!!
    Light, pain, sarrow, destruction, Love nature and all living things as the sun passes through the sky everyday.
    Yokama
    http://.28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...titled1hm4gif

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I just recenly had a bowl of sopporo (I hope I spelled it right). It was tasty, I was feeling bold, so I mixed some wasabi in it. Only problem was I put a little too much! It almost took my breath away! It was still worth it, I love spicy food, but that definately pushed my limit!

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmmm; i've never tried sushi, but I would if I had the chance. My motto always was "can't knock it until I try it". How do I know if I like something or not if I never give it a try? I'm actually just searching for some "simple dishes" to buy. If anyone know's some easy japanese recipies, p.m. me! Please keep in mind that I live in the u.s.a so some ingredients may be difficult for me to find.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

If you go to Asian markets you should be able to find the ingredients you need. They're not that hard to locate. And I have no idea what "sopporo" is... the only word I know that sounds like it is "Sapporo", which is a place, not a dish. +__+

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I have found that alot of people who don't care for sushi love california rolls.

Simple recipes? Let me think. As for ingredients, I buy what I can't get locally online. There are several really good sites that are very reputable. I have always had excellent results.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

@Blue-chan
    (>_<,) Help! I can't find 'mirin'!
    I can't find it in Jusco or anywhere! (=__=)
    It's hard to find some of the sauces here.
    (cries) Sheep can make own Japanese food. (u__u)
    *sobs* baa

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

I really love me some onigiri, Kitsune Udon, Zaru Soba, Yose Nabe, and some deep-fried Yuba Rolls. I would love to eat that every day but I would then go broke in 2 weeks tops cause I only got so much money to spend. man I'm hungry now cause of all this talk TO THE NOODLE SHOP!!!
    the power of a small program making cool stuff. Viva La Flash and MS Paints

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to repost this here since it basically has more to do with this thread anyway and I'm hoping someone will discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon
    I stand corrected, thank you Arrianna. I suppose I can alter my diet slightly, as long as I balance my diet. I do want to mention one important fact, it's not really what you eat but "how" you eat it. The way food is cooked has a massive affect on a person's health. I'm not sure (because I've never been to Japan yet) but I don't see very many Japanese people deep frying everything. Steamed veggies are better for you than those cooked in butter. Baked meats (beef/pork/chicken/seafood) is much healthier than deep fried in grease. Grilled is also a healthier alternative. Thanks again Arrianna, the information you provided is greatly appreciated.
    That would be correct.

The secret to the healthiness of Japanese food is their belief in preparing things in their "essential" flavors. They don't simmer things forever or cook it in fats/sauces until flavors of multiple ingredients merge together. They are prepared simply in ways that set each ingredient off to it's best be that fresh, steamed, parboiled, braised, baked, grilled, or deep fried. When making dishes that have multiple ingredients often they will be cooked separately and then added together at the end. This results in undamaged enzymes and nutrients from the foods and in the end a more nutritious and satisfying food.

They do deep fry things in Japan but it is "Tempura" or battered when necessary. Frying when done correctly is actually very healthy and seals the food in it's natural juices. It is only when frying is done incorrectly (when the oil is to cold/hot or has not been filtered or changed) that it becomes bad for you. To cold/unfiltered/diluted and the oil seeps into the food. To hot and the oil smokes creating toxins. Fresh oil and a good thermometer and there is nothing to worry about however.

PS. You are welcome.
    What japanese foods have you had deepfried and is it authentic in your mind?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast