Closed Thread
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese language learning.

Newbie studlytheknight may be famous one day studlytheknight may be famous one day studlytheknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese language learning.

I agree with the sage I could only make progress when I studied a minimum of 5 constant hours a day which isn't quite 24/7 but is quite crazy for me
    Its too close for missles; time to bring out the guns.

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah your right ...well i was exagerating just a little bit but if i don't study the folling day after i studied the previous day then it may be just a little hard to follow up on what i was doing but as far as the katakana and hiragana goes i need to get back to that or i will be sorry

I am a sage....the light of elements

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Dare ga atashi no nihongo sensei-ni-natte kureru? ^^
    I often speak to myself in broken Japanese or think in Japanese..
    Modern Japanese (with slangs) aren't hard to learn. However.. Real Japanese won't really understand..
    etoh.. how do I use 'dashita'? *has problems ending sentences because i either use 'de su', 'da', 'zo', 'no ni', 'dessho' ...etc...* inappropriate words... =.=
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

Finnaly someone who knows what i mean the regular japanese really uses diffrent words that mean somthing like "i went to the store" would be I store went to it really messis with my head

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

which is better? speaking the old Japanese accent or modern?
    ^^ kinda like the old accent... 'okini'~

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

@Aya-kun:

Oh, how nice, at last someone with more knowledge (^_^). I do not really know what you mean by 'classical' Japanese (the one used in Kamakura age or earlier or just the 'textbook' one born after Edo age)? I don't know if it's that important to know Japanese no longer used, but it surely makes an impression if you know the rules of it and when used without mistake. And if you like it, it's even better to know even some of of it. 'Textbook japanese', on the other hand (regular politiness levels and at least the 1025 first kanji etc) is something everyone should try to learn as much as possible, methinks. It's the base of all communication in Japanese.

Accents are a thing you should know at least from the place you hang out (if you're from Oosaka, that's 'homma ya ne' [regular Japanese: 'hontou da ne']) and slang comes from what you are, not something you are made to be. You can know words and their existence (Tamori's Japonica Logos is interesting in a way as TV show that's showing various aspects of modern/slang/old Japanese language, it gives you good laughs - must find some videos somewhere) but you must use them only by having contact with Japanese of your age and social group. Only that way it'll be 'natural'. And it shouldn't be used with elders (I still smile when thinking that I repeatedly said 'aza-ssu' [high-schooler style, very unofficial 'arigatou gozaimasu'] to the head council of Japan in Finland while attending a meeting (^_^) This is an example of something you really shouldn't do, I was *asked* to speak to him like that (^.^;) ).

"Dashita"? It's the non-polite form of 'Dashimashita', which is the past form of 'Dashimasu' (draw out, put smthng out of smthng)? Well, there's also the chance of misprint. The other chance is that what you were meaning is 'deshita'. It's the past form of 'desu', which means "(something) *is*".

Desu, da, deshou are all one word changed (usual formal, usual unformal, *let's do this*-form). None of them are slang (^_^) . The 'zo', put after a verb could be considered rude, though.

P.S. Moshi mou chotto jikan ga areba sensei toshite chotto yatte ageru kamo (-.^) . Kyoukasho wo tsukuranakya kedo ne.

@Sage:

I know it's hard, BTW it should be "I store to went", "Watashi wa mise he/ni ikimashita" (わたしはみせへ(に)いきました。 [with kanji: 私は店へ(に)行きました。] I used a system like "I into shop went" to remember them (Subject, object, verb, or something like that (^_^) ) (just had to remember that the into/from/whatever had to come after the word that it related to, not before). You'll surely get used to it, but you'll need some time. And BTW, what's your current status on books? Got any that you can learn from yet?
    人生フゥ~!!!

Thanks

JEEB u are my true friend in here an i am glad that u take time and help me in my studies may u be blessed!!!! so u say subject,object,verb huh ill remember that now thank you very much!!! domo arigato gozaimasu!!arigato tasukite!!

Thanks

@ Jeeb
    Etoh.. Sou desu ne. Okini.
    Ima wa atashi chotto sukoshi wa wakatteiru. okini~
    *bows extremely low* Atashi no nihonggo no sensei ni.. natte kureru?

eeek... It's weird that when we translate Japanese sentences into English, we find the meanings and words backwards... (T_T)

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 ... LastLast