Closed Thread
Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese language learning.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese language learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter291
    I dont think it would be hard to study it depends on how u study it. And like other lauganges they have their hard parts and soft. oh yea if its hard to study the langange you may be doing something that makes it hard.
    Yes, that's very true. Japanese isn't that hard to learn, as are other languages. I know several languages, but I thought Sanskrit was most hard, however, once I got the hang of it, I was racing through the sutras. It's fun! If you have interest and confidence in yourself, you can definitely do it. You can even speak with the accent attached.

I think people of Osaka have a really sweet accent, when it comes to speaking Japanese. ;D

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

On the contrary, I find almost every language difficult to learn. The best way to learn, though, of course, is to SPEAK once you've learned a couple of words (hey, that's how we all learned English) but a lot of people don't have the guts to do that because they're too afraid to make mistakes. I know I was like that at first. I hardly spoke, so I never made progress. But once I began speaking, hooooooooo... accelerated learning!

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

lol well i learn but just sheer luck some times cause no matter how many times i go over a phrase once the book closes so does my memory on how to say the word or phrase but i still have made alot of progress concidering on where i started from ^_^

I am a sage....the light of elements

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

I think whether learning a language is hard or difficult depends on the person, with their miother tongue being an aid, a rut, or having no effect at all. For me, Japanese can be rather simple, but I know people who struggled all three years alongside me (just as the vice versa with math).

With speaking and writing, I also think it goes both ways - there are some people who are totally comfortable speaking, but come pick a pencil, their minds go blank. And then there's the other people (which seems a bit more common) who could write a novel but hate speaking (out loud). In my first year, I was the latter ^^; But as the years go by I've been speaking more and it has helped.

All in all, I think everyone learns differently and you should do what's best for you ^.^
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I know I learned very little from books. Well, the language-learning books. Manga actually helped a lot, because what you read in manga is colloquial, conversational Japanese, as opposed to what you read in the guidebooks (which are virtually no help at all when you enter the country and start speaking to natives). And anime and J-dramas just helped me get my intonations right. These days I get really irritated when I hear someone speaking Japanese with the wrong accent. ^^;; For some reason, I never really encountered that problem before.

Newbie Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm currently in my first year of Japanese and doing fine. It's such a great language. I don't know much, but I know almost all of the Hiragana, and I know some phrases:

Ii tenki desu ne (Good weather it is)
    Samui/atsui desu ne (Cold/hot it is)
    Hidoi ame desu ne (Horrible rain it is)
    Hajime mashite? (How do you do?)
    Kiyoshi desu. (I am Kiyoshi)
    Indiana kara kimashita. (I am from Indiana)
    Doozo yoroshiku! (Pleased to meet you)

I also know the basic greetings and things like that (ie: konbanwa, oyasuminasai, konnichiwa). I also know some words by combining the first 25 Hiragana. The first 25 as our teacher shows us, is a, i, u, e, o, ka, ki, ku, ke, ko, sa, shi, su, se, so, na, ni, nu, ne, no. We'll be learning ma, mi, mu, me, and mo tomorrow. I love the language!
    READ THE RULES!
    -- Hassun

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

thats real kewl, thanks, im taking japanese in high school right now

Newbie Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden View Post
    thats real kewl, thanks, im taking japanese in high school right now
    Have fun with it; it's such a cool language.
    READ THE RULES!
    -- Hassun

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 ... LastLast