Closed Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 632

Thread: Japanese language learning.

  1. #33
    Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Castel of awakening Dreams
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    really? that paper i got is getting burned then lol...................so how long have u been speaking japanese?

    I am a sage....the light of elements

  2. #34
    Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    フィンランド
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    Daisuki - 大好き (the big one with 'like' and the verb ending) - Like very much, love

    Now I'll tell you something:

    「インターネットにはいろんな日本語についてのサイトがあるけど私は本(教科書など)のほうが好きです。実 は、私が2年前日本語の勉強を始めました。今の教科書としてのプレフェンスはユニコムの” The Preparatory Course For The Japanese Language Proficiency Test-1・2級"、JEESの”日本語能力試験試験問題と正解(平成16か17年度の)1・2級 、そしてスリーエーネットワークの”完全マスター漢字、日本語能力試験、2級レベル”。私は一 年前この教科書を買いました。難しいですが、けっこう実力をアップにさせますよ。近くにある本屋さんになか ったらインターネットでも買うことができると思います、ベーシックとしてKumonの日本語の勉強シーリー ズがいいと思う」

    And now the translation:

    "There are many sites dedicated to Japanese language, but I prefer books (such as textbooks etc) to them. To tell you the truth, I began studying Japanese two years ago. My current "preference" for textbooks are as follows: "The Preparatory course for The Japanese Language Proficiency Test - Levels 1&2" by Unicom, the "Nihongo nouryoku shiken Shiken mondai to seikai (From 2004 or 2005)" by JEES and the "Kanzen Master Kanji, Nihongo nouryoku shiken, Level 2" by Three-A- Network. I bought these textbooks a year ago. They're hard, but they'll pump your real strenght up pretty good. If there are no good textbooks in a bookstore near you, I think they're all sold in the internet, if you're looking for a "basic" thing, a good one would be the Kumon Japanese Language Learning Programme."

    And then some japanese. The first poster posted the katakana, or the "alphabet" for foreign words etc., now I'll post the hiragana, the one to write japanese words (and tabako (^_^) ) with:

    Code:
    ーKSTNHMYRW
    あかさたなはまやらわA
    いきしちにひみーりーI
    うくすつぬふむゆるーU
    えけせてねへめーれーE
    おこそとのほもよろをON
    
    GZDBP
    がざだばぱA
    ぎじぢびぴI
    ぐずづぶぷU
    げぜでべぺE
    ごぞどぼぽO
    
    YAYUYO
    きゃきゅきょ
    しゃしゅしょSH
    ちゃちゅちょCH
    にゃにゅにょ
    ひゃひゅひょ
    みゃみゅみょ
    りゃりゅりょ
    
    YAYUYO
    ぎゃぎゅぎょ
    じゃじゅじょ
    びゃびゅびょ
    ぴゃぴゅぴょ
    NOTES:
    • The S- line's 'si'- character is the 'shi' character and is usually written as 'shi'.
    • The T- line's 'ti'- character is 'chi' and the 'tu'- character 'tsu'
    • The H- line's 'hu'- character is 'fu'
    • There's no 'yi' or 'ye' in Japanese (^_^) - I'm not mentioning the one in Ebisu
    • There are some older characters not represented in here, but they're left out because they're nice to know, but will help you only after a few years of "benkyou"
    • The lower part has the characters with the two dots and the circle (making the sound harder/p-)
    • Lower part, S- line's 'zi' is 'ji'
    • Lower part, T-line's 'di' is 'chi', 'du' is 'dzu' or 'zu'
    • If something's missing, just say and I'll look at the list, I'm not in the best condition right now (^_^;)

    EDIT: I see my long texting had the eventual effect of having someone post something before me (^_^;)
    Last edited by JEEB; Jul 08, 2006 at 05:41 PM.
    人生フゥ~!!!

  3. #35
    Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage_Se'von
    really? that paper i got is getting burned then lol...................so how long have u been speaking japanese?
    hm? is that question to me? if yes, the answer is 3 years lol
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

    Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

  4. #36
    Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Castel of awakening Dreams
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    Quote Originally Posted by JEEB
    Daisuki - 大好き (the big one with 'like' and the verb ending) - Like very much, love

    Now I'll tell you something:

    「インターネットにはいろんな日本語についてのサイトがあるけど私は本(教科書など)のほうが好きです。実 は、私が2年前日本語の勉強を始めました。今の教科書としてのプレフェンスはユニコムの” The Preparatory Course For The Japanese Language Proficiency Test-1・2級"、JEESの”日本語能力試験試験問題と正解(平成16か17年度の)1・2級 、そしてスリーエーネットワークの”完全マスター漢字、日本語能力試験、2級レベル”。私は一 年前この教科書を買いました。難しいですが、けっこう実力をアップにさせますよ。近くにある本屋さんになか ったらインターネットでも買うことができると思います、ベーシックとしてKumonの日本語の勉強シーリー ズがいいと思う」

    And now the translation:

    "There are many sites dedicated to Japanese language, but I prefer books (such as textbooks etc) to them. To tell you the truth, I began studying Japanese two years ago. My current "preference" for textbooks are as follows: "The Preparatory course for The Japanese Language Proficiency Test - Levels 1&2" by Unicom, the "Nihongo nouryoku shiken Shiken mondai to seikai (From 2004 or 2005)" by JEES and the "Kanzen Master Kanji, Nihongo nouryoku shiken, Level 2" by Three-A- Network. I bought these textbooks a year ago. They're hard, but they'll pump your real strenght up pretty good. If there are no good textbooks in a bookstore near you, I think they're all sold in the internet, if you're looking for a "basic" thing, a good one would be the Kumon Japanese Language Learning Programme."

    And then some japanese. The first poster posted the katakana, or the "alphabet" for foreign words etc., now I'll post the hiragana, the one to write japanese words (and tabako (^_^) ) with:

    Code:
    ーKSTNHMYRW
    あかさたなはまやらわA
    いきしちにひみーりーI
    うくすつぬふむゆるーU
    えけせてねへめーれーE
    おこそとのほもよろをON
    
    GZDBP
    がざだばぱA
    ぎじぢびぴI
    ぐずづぶぷU
    げぜでべぺE
    ごぞどぼぽO
    
    YAYUYO
    きゃきゅきょ
    しゃしゅしょSH
    ちゃちゅちょCH
    にゃにゅにょ
    ひゃひゅひょ
    みゃみゅみょ
    りゃりゅりょ
    
    YAYUYO
    ぎゃぎゅぎょ
    じゃじゅじょ
    びゃびゅびょ
    ぴゃぴゅぴょ
    NOTES:
    • The S- line's 'si'- character is the 'shi' character and is usually written as 'shi'.
    • The T- line's 'ti'- character is 'chi' and the 'tu'- character 'tsu'
    • The H- line's 'hu'- character is 'fu'
    • There's no 'yi' or 'ye' in Japanese (^_^) - I'm not mentioning the one in Ebisu
    • There are some older characters not represented in here, but they're left out because they're nice to know, but will help you only after a few years of "benkyou"
    • The lower part has the characters with the two dots and the circle (making the sound harder/p-)
    • Lower part, S- line's 'zi' is 'ji'
    • Lower part, T-line's 'di' is 'chi', 'du' is 'dzu' or 'zu'
    • If something's missing, just say and I'll look at the list, I'm not in the best condition right now (^_^

    EDIT: I see my long texting had the eventual effect of having someone post something before me (^_^
    wow you must be dedicated to that language I for one can't wait till i learn the japanese alphabet onece that is out of the way i can begin studing more efficently i think that its good that im starting at a young age though *cough 16*
    i started studing like in the 8th grade though now im in the 10 but everytime i waunna get a new book to help me study i cant cause for one i cant drive yet and for 2 i can't get a ride to where i need to be. Hopefully ill be slightly fluent in the language cause i try and study allday everyday
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mahiru
    hm? is that question to me? if yes, the answer is 3 years lol
    well i ment daisuki means big like and was like OMG really? then the question was how long have u been studing? but that was already answered but i just waunted to clearify that LOL
    Last edited by Sage_Se'von; May 09, 2006 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    I am a sage....the light of elements

  5. #37
    Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    フィンランド
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    I think that anyone can learn any language. I, myself, started to have an affection to Japan when I was 15 and now I'm almost 19 with a good base (test level 2 passed with almost the lowest score) and much to learn.

    Although books are good, I must say that being there in person (in Japan) helps *a lot*. Of course, it depends on how much you're ready to try to speak Japanese. I was in Chiba as an exchange student for a year or so and it propably made me learn the language *very* fast. You really ought to listen to "real" Japanese and be surrounded by all these commercials written in Kanji. The best way to learn is to study in Japan (and I mean study, not only live or go sightseeing, those might help you, but you won't get the rules right fast without reading them through).

    You might not like the forms of politiness of the language or other parts of the language, you might hate the fact of how much you'll have to lick, but, in the end, you'll be surprised how well you have gotten hold of the language. Mark my words.

    If you can't get to a good bookstore, have someone buy it for you from the internet or somewhere and get it shipped to you one way or another. The Kumon programme will propably cost you some, but it's definitely good (I practiced the easy stuff through it as it was available for free as a part of the exchange programme). Haven't had anything else than the books (pieces of paper) from that series, though (not the classes etc).

    Other things, some teachers may not teach you anything, some teachers teach you much. I prefer the last group. My first (and only) teacher had the idea of "no-one needs kanji, so don't care about them" (Right... And how're you supposed to read normal Japanese without kanji?). If after a month you'll be taking your first kanji with the readings and basics of stroke order, you're a bit on the right way.
    人生フゥ~!!!

  6. #38
    Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Castel of awakening Dreams
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    this is very helpful information so far i understand that its better to learn in japan by studing and speaking to people, its best to have good learning books and dictionaries, and some teachers may or may not be that helpful than learning it your self. this still doesnt however change the fact that I have no way's in getting the materials i need.........I still got that one book from when i first started learning japanese (like a long time ago like when media play still was a buisness) i need more stuff but since i can't start driving till i get my temps i guess it will be a while.......

    I am a sage....the light of elements

  7. #39
    Newbie Curan may be famous one day Curan may be famous one day Curan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Iraq (at the moment)
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    I am looking into learning Japanese, but sense I am in Iraq I am looking for books, Audio CDs, and CD-ROMS. Would you happen to know any good sourses to help me learn the language?

    Thanks alot!

    -Curan

  8. #40
    God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Japanese language learning.

    A good one is the Oxford set - comes with tapes and a guidebook. Pretty good, actually - one of the best there is, if you know nothing about the language. Once you're done with that (it can take anywhere from a few months to a few years) you can look into books on colloquial Japanese, like Making Out in Japanese by Todd & Erika Geers. ^^

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Japanese language needed to understand other languages better.
    By BFmastermind in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2006, 02:34 PM
  2. japanese (the language)
    By mei in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2005, 07:27 PM
  3. Japanese develop 'female' android
    By Skillzpay in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2005, 06:34 PM
  4. What Language would you choose?
    By Elves in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2004, 12:18 PM
  5. Animesuki target of legal action by Japanese anime studio
    By teh s uck in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2004, 04:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts